[Mod Help] Need Help With Mod Tool.

JTC3400

Chieftain
Hi, hoping someone can help me with the mod creation tool. First up let me say I have modded Civ 2,3,4,5 (hated 6 didn't touch it) Stellaris, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim, off the top of my head. I say this because I think I have some capacity to figure stuff out, that said, Modding Humankind is the toughest editor I have had in terms of figuring it out. I pushed through and got units modded, I was able to figure this out and modded a lot of aspects.

What I can not for the life of me figure out, is cultures. I have found Civilization, then LegacyTraitDescriptors, but I can't figure out how it works. It seems there are several sections you can pick from, like Target: Unit Target: Empire Target District but I cant figure out how to change the target. clicking the box does not work, and at the top of the screen under "inspector" you can change the starting type but this changes the selection for everything, not just the item I want. As an example, USA has Target District (10 culture per resource sold) and Target Settlerment. (1 gold per trade route) I want to change this to Target District 10 culture and 10 money per resource sold (this I can do because its pre selected) but then do Target Unit +3 combat strength Target Unit + 20% upkeep. This would more accurately show the USA as a top trading and military power but also how expensive equipment and training is vs other nations. I have lots of changes in mind for other cultures but again, I can't figure out how.

I am also having problems changing infrastructure assets, I can't figure out how it works, or how you select what they effect, I can only change the actual numbers. For example, I wanted to change the Levy Admin from a flat 3 gold to 1 gold per population which makes a lot more sense. The only way I was able to do this was to copy and paste Library to the Levy, and then change science to gold. I want to change the harbor to 1 food per water tile but no clue how.

Any help would be appreciated, is there a discord where I can ask questions? I joined the Humankind discord but it seems totally dead, and even if it wasn't it has no mod talk section.

Top Bottom