[MOD] Player Achievements!

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Player Achievements v1.00!

Bringing back one of the most favourite aesthetic items from the original Colonization, when you complete certain "feats" you will be presented with an achievement. This achievement is recorded for the entire game in the Achievement Advisor.

There are 47 total achievements! How many can YOU gain in a single game? :)

Screenshots:

Download:

http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/Achievements_1.00.zip

Installation:
1. Download the file (from above).
2. Unzip the file to your game program's Mods folder (NOT the one in Documents & Settings).
3. Start C4C and Load a Mod.
4. Select Achievements and the game will restart.

Thanks for playing. :)

Dale

No, but I'll be releasing an AoD2 update soon that will contain it. :)

Bravo am fixing to download and try it! Thanks for all you hard work! You are awesome.

I'd like to retain some of the surprise for players, but suffice to say they're easily picked if you look through Civ4AchieveInfo.xml in the XML\Events\ folder. :)

Dale, this is awesome! Although some achievements doesn't make much sense (I discovered the Atlantic Ocean, hurray!) they add a lot to the flavor of C4C.
And it's nice to see you don't give up on Col-modding completly, I even heard you plan a new release for AOD2. :goodjob:

Yeah, I'm adding this and a couple of new victorys to AoD2. :) But that's only because I'm biding my time till Empire: Total War. :D

BTW, the discovery of the Atlantic does make sense for Civs starting in the west, such as China and Russia. Also, it's more about the discovery of the Atlantic Trade Route rather than the physical sea itself.

Dale I tested this today and got pink block pictures instead of any unique graphics

- just realised I had it in the documents / Mods folder ... probably the problem there!

k gonna try again ... looks awesome by the way, I tested a couple of bonuses and all events were functioning as intended

---------

Also (not intending to be too picky, but ....) I like all of the pictures except one - Church. Just doesn't match the flavour of the others - looks too much like a stone built modern church / synagogue (I want a colonial wooden church! :p ).

and maybe the Tools & Guns ones seem out of sync with the others - seem to be too hi-res?! Maybe need reducing resolution, colour numbers, and contrast ?

Kudos for the feedback. :)

The "church" is actually the oldest cathedral in the New World, in Santo Domingo consecrated in 1514. Not so modern eh? :) http://www.homeandabroad.com/c/35/Site/68390_Catedral_Primada_de_Am_rica_visit.html

I know a couple don't seem to match the watercolour look I had going. Shame, it was hard to find pics for some of them. If you find anything better, in Civ4AchieveInfos.xml you can set the path and x-y size of the pic. As long as it's a DDS it'll load.

You can also turn the Atlantic one off by changing bActive to 0. Or what I did for AoD2 change bMove to 0 (which means it's not checked after moving and occurs on turn 2).

Question:

ACHIEVE_FIFTEEN_STOCKADE

What will happen if you upgrade the buildings to for example fort? Will they still count?

Why not use "SpecialBuildingType"?

Question:

ACHIEVE_FIFTEEN_STOCKADE

What will happen if you upgrade the buildings to for example fort? Will they still count?

Why not use "SpecialBuildingType"?

I have now tested it. And it was as I thought. Example, if you build a cathedral in one of you 5 cities before everyone has a church, will cause you to never have the 5-church achivement (until you build more than 5 cities that is and only keep church in them).

Okay noted. Thanks Zuul.

Top Bottom