Modding Base Colony yield types.

brokenshakles

Chieftain
Hey everyone!

I was playing R&R for the first time, and I noticed that when I founded my first colony on a bonus hemp resource on a grassland, my colony tile does not produce hemp at all! Instead, it produces the defualt grassland resource, tobacco! I would like to mod my copy of R&R to force all grasslands to produce hemp instead of tobacco by defualt for colonies on grassland tiles, as this makes more sense for european factions, who did not know the vaule of tobacco right away, and therefore would not grow it by default. They certainly knew the value of hemp though, and historically, it was one of the first crops grown. I cant find a way to do this in the XML files, does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

Hey everyone!

I was playing R&R for the first time, and I noticed that when I founded my first colony on a bonus hemp resource on a grassland, my colony tile does not produce hemp at all! Instead, it produces the defualt grassland resource, tobacco! I would like to mod my copy of R&R to force all grasslands to produce hemp instead of tobacco by defualt for colonies on grassland tiles, as this makes more sense for european factions, who did not know the vaule of tobacco right away, and therefore would not grow it by default. They certainly knew the value of hemp though, and historically, it was one of the first crops grown. I cant find a way to do this in the XML files, does anyone know how this can be accomplished?
Without having tested this you might try to change the following line in Civ4YieldInfos.xml:
<iCityChange>1</iCityChange>
for hemp and set the value to 2 and check, if hemp will be grown on city tiles now.

No, that only changes the enhancement value if the colony is already producing hemp on that square. Since the square of any colony on a grassland defaults to Tobacco, it does not have any effect. Maybe there is a way to mod in a selector menu so the player can choose the secondary good produced by a colony square?

If you want to change that, you need to do programming (DLL).
It should be pretty simple if you are able to code C++.

There is no other way of changing the default yield of city plots.
(There is no XML setting.)

Yes, DLLs are binary files but the source code to compile the DLL for RaR is included in the download.

But you will need to be able to program c++ of course.
(If you have never been programming you will need to learn it.)

Once you have learned programming c++ the change you want should be pretty simple.

Good luck with your modding. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom