[R&F] MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADD_CULTURE_BOMB_TRIGGER question

Foulweather

Warlord
I'm trying to create a modifier that lets me culture bomb when the player improves a luxury resource. I'm using the modifier used by Australia's pasture ability, and my trait works just fine on plantations and mines, etc. until I try to add a SubjectRequirementSetId to it, namely that 'PLOT_HAS_LUXURY_RESOURCE' (since I don't want banana plantations or stone mines setting off the bomb). I then connect this RequirementSetId to the already present RequirementId 'REQUIRES_PLOT_HAS_LUXURY'. This doesn't work, however, and in-game the culture bomb is now absent. Anybody have an idea what I'm missing?

Thanks
FW

It probably doesn't work because the Modifier has a scope that is the Player who owns the Modifier. The Player isn't a Plot (luxury or otherwise) so the Modifier always fails.

I don't know if its possible to limit which underlying resources allow a Culture Bomb versus not.

Solved!

I had to use ATTACH_MODIFIER to the prebuilt ModifierType, then created a new ModifierType that pointed to COLLECTION_ALL_PLOT_YIELDS instead of COLLECTION_OWNER.

Thanks for the tip!
FW

--> Oops, that was incorrect. Still broken. The culture bomb is back, but it's on all mines/camps, not just luxuries.
--> Back to work I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom