More palace upgrades

Mark Young

Formerly Sir Eric
I know that i'm pretty much on my own with this one but I want to be able to keep upgrading my palace!!!

It's one of the small but enjoyable things about civ, you rule your kingdom well, give the people happiness and luxuries, reduce corruption, build a strong military and they offer to extend your palace.
I want to be able to build the interior as well as the outside, I want to build a summer palace and somewhere to play croquet and tennis(I dont really play tennis)
DyP has palace gardens well how about putting it into conquests?
:king:

How about making it actually matter in the game: the more you improved your palace the more it would generate culture points. This would probably require tweaking the culture victory limits upwards.

And just to make you more cautious towards palace jumping: moving your palace makes you start your palace improvements all over again. :)

What about more than one palace like a mini place one the south anther one in the north ands so on just like Saddam.

@Pembroke and EddyG17
There both really good ideas, maybe when you build the forbidden palace you can build that as well or perhaps when you research a certain tech you get a new bit to add to your palace, eg: if you research computers you get to add a satelitte dish on or if you research recycling you get a compost heap (ok theres are a bit lame but you get what I mean).
It could be so that when you build the palace as it is now, once you have finished it then you start on the inside on the throne room like in civ2 then once you finished that then you get to model the grounds.

How about other non-palace buildings for different government types. For example, the White house is not a palace by any means, nor are most other parliamentary buildings. Maybe the appearance of the palace could change depending on the government type, or maybe the improvements you can add change based on government type.

I love the interior decorating idea. They could make one of those panoramic things where you can look 360 degrees around you and bask in your own glory! :eek:

Originally posted by EddyG17
What if after reseaching all technologies you can build your own personalized wonder

Have you got anything in mind?

I don't now may be a lager park with you statue in the middle, gives 3 happy faces to all of your cities.
Just like the palace you, they give you some options with this you may be able to decide if you want a golden or silver statue; what type of flower would you like to have? I don't Know.

Sounds pretty cool. Once you finished the palace the view changes so that you get to do the grounds and do that up as well. I like it.

@dexters
What is a sid thrower?

Top Bottom