Most overpowered strategies vs AI

Beastfeast

Chieftain
I'd be interested to know what your most overpowered strategies are vs AI, and what makes them seem overpowered.

I'll start off:

1. The Insightful agreement can give upto +60 science near the start of the game. As a result, AI players always have a lower science rate than me

2. The Phasal transporter. Used in conjunction with Comm Relay satellites and orbital coverage from Firaxite, allows massive armies to be transported across any map / next to a player's capital. My favourite way to win a domination victory.

3. Spamming cheap hybrid affinity units e.g. level 6 Marines with strength 48. AI is always behind in affinity (less so on higher difficulties) and loses all battles

Ships - though i usually play on "large water" based maps. I always finish off coastal cities first, then move to those in interior.

Spies, spam steal energy.

I do like the super upgraded spy in every city just wrecking the civ from the inside

Most of what comes to mind for me has been somewhat mentioned.

I'd second phasal transporters. For large domination games they're amazing paired with the orbital coverage on firaxite supremacy bonus. You can completely backdoor an enemy to get around whatever mess of cities that might otherwise be blocking your way to the capital if the firaxite is in a decent spot nearby.

Back before Rising Tide it was even better I'd say, since now the AI often expands in or near water so reaching them with ships is almost always possible and easy. Before, it was much more likely you'd have somebody kind of holed up at a part of the map that'd be hard to get to with your land army. Now your main force for attack usually ends up as navy, at least in my experience, so needing easier access to them isn't as much of a concern.

That leads into the other strategy I'd mention. Hybrid ships. That's all.

Just tech with an aim to get hybrid ships without much delay and apollo AI just get steamrolled. They have a hard time on water as it is, but you can produce ships really fast with a decent water city and make your own carpet of doom that will crush the mess of mostly melee boats they like to make and easily take their cities. And as I mentioned, the AI likes to go into water a lot, even on a protean maps, so most of the time you have most of the AIs and their cities in reach of your navy alone.

Hyrbid rush in general works too I suppose, but ships just stand out even more as devastating the AI to me.

Last I'd say spy spamming with the appropriate agreements. Even without playing as Korea or ARC, getting the agreements from them and the general spy traits of your own you can just go nuts with science gains spamming steal science.

I personally don't do that much though, unless I'm actually ARC or Korea, since it can be a bit boring despite how effective it is.

Top Bottom