1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer often results in un-ending turns

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by javaman21011, Oct 18, 2015.

1. javaman21011

javaman21011 Chieftain

This happened recently (right after our version hit 1.1.0.1045.

Basically I would host a match with my friend over the internet, we'd get to the first turn, and then once I was done the game would continue to do turns without my input, and never bring up the "Click next turn" it's like it got stuck in a for loop without letting me do anything. The city would expand it's area, the energy would keep accumulating (as well as the culture) and it would just keep going and going and going.

My friend and I killed our local cache and re-downloaded but now HE gets the problem instead of me. When he gets the unending turns i can't do anything (like I can't get to the menu by pressing ESC). And he has to quit to main menu before the game let's up and detects the last human player has left the game.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

Do you have the option to auto-end turns on by any chance?

3. javaman21011

javaman21011 Chieftain

That wouldn't cause issues since auto-end turn usually pops a message once you need to take an action (like picking a new science tech). The game just keeps going on and on after my tech is done researching or after buildings are done. Even the explorer keeps going and going on his automatic mission to explore without end.

4. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

Sounds like you managed to turn autoplay on :/

5. javaman21011

javaman21011 Chieftain

I can double check but usually auto-play lets me do something once the techs or building queues are empty. This is nothing like that. The turn keeps going and going and going and none of the other players are allowed to go. It's as if my turn is stuck in an infinite loop and the game engine can't go on to the other players turns.

6. javaman21011

javaman21011 Chieftain

We found out that Sequential seemed to cause the most problems so we switched to Simultaneous and we're back on the road again.

7. kjrose

kjrose Chieftain

we are having exactly this issue with our MP. We have auto-turn off, and simply cannot figure out how to go to war with each other without having this happen.