Music

The music for Civ 2 doesn't play even though I have the disk in the drive, with the music on it. I know that you can play it externally, but it really bugs me that the game doesn't do it itself (also the pick music option not working). The drive is set right in the registry, the videos play, and it starts up, so the game knows the disk is there, but it still won't work. I see that others have had this problem before. Was there ever a fix for it? Are there special codecs needed like the videos?

It's hard to play without the music since it's feels like half the game is missing (technically it's actually almost three times the game if the file sizes on Wikipedia are correct).

Sorry for the bump, but after screwing around with disk drive letters I found that the music seems only plays if the CD is in drive D, even if a different drive is set in the registry. I was wondering if anyone with a little coding knowledge could create a program that would patch the Civ2.exe to allow the user to change the letter of the drive it looks for music in.

EDIT: I managed to change the batch file for CPU Throttle to change my drive letters as well and change them back after I'm done playing, but it's a complicated process and might not work for everyone so if someone wants it, PM me.

So you're also having problems. But at least your CD contain music, my CD don't.

Youtube has some playlists with civilization music. And then after the nuclear war you can change it to Fallout soundtrack. :)

Top Bottom