My create new game UI just f it up since today (civ 6)

rockofages8

Chieftain
Hello guys

i wanna launch new games (i don't add any mod between then and last time i played) and my UI just want crazy i couldn't play the game anymore

Attachments

• Ui bug.png
    Ui bug.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 283
I have had this happen to me before.

Generally, I simply exit the game, delete the Mods.sqlite file (in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI) and upon a reload of the game things are working again.

I have had this happen to me before.

Generally, I simply exit the game, delete the Mods.sqlite file (in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI) and upon a reload of the game things are working again.

I had the same problem. I tried this, along with deleting all files in the mod folder, etc., the usual fixes. Still nothing.

If it helps, the mods I got off Steam weren’t in the folder. I think I installed a few new wonders off there between the logins, but I can’t fully remember which. Globe Theatre, maybe?

Anyway, has anyone else has this problem? I’ve seen it one other time on the forum and they just edited the comment to say it fixed itself. Any suggestions?

OK, my initial response was perhaps a little rushed...and further occurrences on my own game have allowed me to narrow how I can fix it a bit further.

Of course, there's no doubt this is something to do with the presence of a mod, or mods. To me, it seems like something is preventing the rulesets from loading (as I think the other available options cascade from this).

If I am greeted by this issue when clicking on Create New Game, I have to do the following:

1. Exit Civilization VI (to the desktop).
2. Delete the Mods.sqlite file only.
3. Run Civilization VI again.
4. Immediately go to Create New Game and observe that the ruleset has loaded (i.e. you can select your options).
5. After this has appeared, I can navigate back to the Additional Content and select whichever mods I see fit. Selecting all of the mods I want to use in one go works 100% of the time. I have observed that if I select some mods, check on the Create New Game screen, go back and make amendments that the whole thing breaks again.

I'm using a number of different mods, including: YnaMP, PerfectWorld6, Terra Mirabilis, R.E.D for Gathering Storm, Civilization V Environment Skin, Alternative Fog of War, as well as some additional Civilizations. Some of these do indicate non-compatibility (but those simply don't have that field) and once loaded, my game works seamlessly.

Hope this helps!

OK, my initial response was perhaps a little rushed...and further occurrences on my own game have allowed me to narrow how I can fix it a bit further.

Of course, there's no doubt this is something to do with the presence of a mod, or mods. To me, it seems like something is preventing the rulesets from loading (as I think the other available options cascade from this).

If I am greeted by this issue when clicking on Create New Game, I have to do the following:

1. Exit Civilization VI (to the desktop).
2. Delete the Mods.sqlite file only.
3. Run Civilization VI again.
4. Immediately go to Create New Game and observe that the ruleset has loaded (i.e. you can select your options).
5. After this has appeared, I can navigate back to the Additional Content and select whichever mods I see fit. Selecting all of the mods I want to use in one go works 100% of the time. I have observed that if I select some mods, check on the Create New Game screen, go back and make amendments that the whole thing breaks again.

I'm using a number of different mods, including: YnaMP, PerfectWorld6, Terra Mirabilis, R.E.D for Gathering Storm, Civilization V Environment Skin, Alternative Fog of War, as well as some additional Civilizations. Some of these do indicate non-compatibility (but those simply don't have that field) and once loaded, my game works seamlessly.

Hope this helps!

Worked great, thanks! Although I did at one point have to manually disable a couple of mods, then close and reopen for some reason.

Although I did at one point have to manually disable a couple of mods, then close and reopen for some reason.

This mirrors what I find. It seems that toggling mods - due to whatever it is in there that it doesn't like - often triggers it to 'break'. I can't quite put my finger on the combination and, frankly, I'm not patient enough to be bothered to.

Thankfully, I don't start a new game all-that-often that it bothers me too much. I can live with the workaround for now!

Top Bottom