[BTS] NC 213: Bismarck 1. German chancellor or "When is a nation a nation?"

Spoiler New Approach :

I had fun with this NC. My first attempt went as well as you can see over. I guess I ended up in a winnable position. The grind is whats left.

Reading Gumbolts comment and previews experiences with the map. I thought Raging barbs + GW! would give a fun experience.

Yes, yes, yes. Insanity is guaranteed. I buildt GW (I started SH before GW but started and finished GW as soon as I could). Built Oracle (MC) pyra, MoM, partahnon etc.
Since rep and pyramids I settled the first great priest I got. That financed another expand or 2 before currency.

Ended up with a completely broken situation.. highligths having a 48 turn golden age. Catherin and suleiman asked (and i accepted) to become a vassale.
I Libbed railroads for faster conquest and that is my way of enjoying a game! and win Diplo t211 (1505AD)

Fun stuff. Would do again!

@ imploding
Spoiler Thoughts on your new approach :

How do you get 2 Ai to offer to peace vassal? I normally only ever manage one.

I do think with the right approach this game could offer some fun. Albeit maybe not Panzer fun.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Getting marble and stone would really help. Also getting religious production bonus too.

Spoiler About my game :

How do you get 2 Ai to offer to peace vassal? I normally only ever manage one.

I had a massive land/tech lead. thanks to GW and raging barbs. Almost everyone was in hindu, and when the first war broke loose I bribed everyone to fight everyone to get a perfect WW going. Everyone was fighting someone at equal strength. I gobbled up the remains of Ghandi's land. with Mace/treb/knights and was looking for a new target.
When Suleiman lost a city to Roosvelt , then switched into hindu and the option about becoming a vassal become available

A bit later a 4 city Cathy had the option available as well. (I think she got mauled by barbs from the beginning). I had 2.5 her strength in army. (here is a pic from a save i randomly made before that.)
upload_2019-10-3_17-51-19.png

A first for me.. and a fun one. Made conquest really easy..it all came back to the beating the AI's took from the barbs.

Damn this game was close, almost had it.
Spoiler :
Catherine got the UN vote with all her vassals voting for her, and my 3rd legendary city took another 4 turns. It was a weird game with not many resources to trade so happiness was always an issue. I figured go for cultural so spammed wonders in the capital, after the mids started building the 3 big cities with the extra happy points. Managed to wiggle my way with diplomacy mainly by keeping cathy happy, but she grew too big. Fun game!

Top Bottom