Need some Help with Unwrapping in Blender2.49

Gearbolt38

Chieftain
Hallo there

Been trying for days now to fix this issue, looked everywhere for a solution to no avail, basically my exported mecha model from Blender 2.49 is missing meshes/textures when imported into Nifscope.

Mecha_Blender2.49.png Mecha_Nifscope.png

Does anybody got any idea how to fix the issue?

PS Just for testing I have re-imported the same model but as nif format back in Blender and nothing is missing, it means the export was correct, for some reason the exported nif doesn't display properly in nifscope and can't figure it out

Nif_into_Blender.png

UPDATE: I think the problem lies with the way I am unwrapping the whole model and how the texture is applied, the model itself is made up of dozen of parts and I am quite new to Blender, at best I can unwrap a single mesh...no idea how to unwrap a group of meshes. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
You can join the meshes into one if you want. (That use the same texture Dds file). Right click on one while holding shift, then click the second. Then hit Ctrl+ J to join.
Only one mesh can have damage states if you want to use them. That also significantly simplifies things in nifskope as you know.

Anyway, hard to say what is going on with out the nifbor blend file.
Since you say that everything is there when the nifmis reimported back to blender. It may be as simple as setting the "alpha" to "1" instead of "0".

Click on the mesh and see if the green highlight shows up around an invisible mesh.
If so, over in block details set the alpha to 1.

You can join the meshes into one if you want. (That use the same texture Dds file). Right click on one while holding shift, then click the second. Then hit Ctrl+ J to join.
Only one mesh can have damage states if you want to use them. That also significantly simplifies things in nifskope as you know.

Anyway, hard to say what is going on with out the nifbor blend file.
Since you say that everything is there when the nifmis reimported back to blender. It may be as simple as setting the "alpha" to "1" instead of "0".

Click on the mesh and see if the green highlight shows up around an invisible mesh.
If so, over in block details set the alpha to 1.

Thank you for the reply!
Yes I have found out about ctrl+J command not too long ago, for now will work with a single mesh as there is not easy tutorial about unwrapping several grouped meshes on a single UW map...2.49 too old and all the relevant tutorials are for version 2.7+. Anyway I have made single mesh, UW it and applied single .dds texture :

1: I was still getting errors so as last solution I have decided to apply same texture to every material there were 18 materials on the models , created 18 different texture while applying same .dds texture

2.: it seems it did the trick

Zenith2_20201109_22-45-33.jpg

3: Now my question is if there is someway to reduce all materials to a single one rather than going through the same process over and over?

P.S Yeah I have left the gun as part of the single mesh, I am just learning so before adding the unit to civ will figure a way to texture the gun separately and after that....the whole rigging process

Oh yeah materials... That reminds me. Each material will be considered a separate mesh in nifskope. Even if it is all one mesh in blender. So, yeah, you definitely only want to use one.

With the object selected you can click "assign" or "unassign" under materials.
When I've got a new model imported like that I usually just delete all the materials, and make a new one. Don't bother with the settings because I just replace it with the material from the vanilla unit later in nifskope.

I would leave the gun a seperate mesh in case the unit drops it during the death animation, or whatever. It can use the same material as the unit.

Top Bottom