nethos terrain chat not showing all conversion ?

SvenBent

Chieftain
is there a reason nethog's terrain chart does not have arrow for all the conversion possibilities ?
e.g. it does not show that you can convert forest to grassland with "o"

Does it only show optimal path .e.g forest O> grassland is not shown because i takes 20turns and forest I> Plains O> grassland only takes 5+10 turns?

--edit--

does civ2 acutally allow you to change terrain beneath a city ?

it does not in cheat mode (change terrain at cursor) btu i can still give a settle command for it but either it not doing anything and just locking my settle or it takes a loong time
i tried to convter a grassland tile with river to hill under a city and it does not seem to change and i dont risc lossing to much time on it

You can change terrain under a city - if you begin the transformation before founding the city.
In your example, Engineer 1 begins transforming the grassland tile with river to hill, then Engineer 2 creates a city on that tile, then some turns later Engineer 1 completes the transformation and the city is suddenly on a hill.

TY

sadly this is not the case i just didn't know river gave a 4 trade bonus on hills and i have a city on grassland/river that i want to make into hill/river. trading 1 food for 4 productions would be nice

Not sure if it applies here but there is a bug that lets you choose the action from the menu, while not doing so by pressing the shortcut key. You could also try using a "charged" settler. One who has been transforming a hill already and the turn before it is finished move to the city spot and then use the command in the menu to finish the job there. I don't know if it will work, but it may be something you could try.

It IS possible to change the terrain under an already build city.
However it took my 4 turns with 10 engineers. i wonder if there is a max number of engineers that can work a tile at a time since this is 80 turns of settler work and it should only had taken 20

never the less it was much ado for nothing since city seam not to counts as mine, so i did not get the 3 4 4 resources i had hoped for, but only 3 1 4.

Hi there!

It is possible to change the terrain under a city, but you cannot build a mine in a hilly city. The only option to have a city mine is to found a hill city while a settler/engineer is constructing a mine. If the mine already is completed and you found a city, the mine is destroyed, I think because a city also counts as irrigiation. If you want to know everything there is to know about settlers, engineers, teamworking and the duration of their tasks, read this.

You can always "Transform" the terrain under a city with an Engineer. You can always change its nature by a settler irrigating or mining it. Examples are forest to plains, grass to forest, and jungle to grass among others. What you cannot do is regular irrigation (not needed since it is automatically there) and regular mining. Of course, as already pointed out by others you can get the effect of the mine if the process starts but does not end before the city is founded.

Top Bottom