New BETA Version - 2.5.8 ( August 04, 2022)

If I'm reading the PS part right, the AI use aircraft again as of Hotfix 6?
Sadly no, I wrote the post before the aircraft fix. I may do another release with the most recent changes on github, it depends on when VP 2.6 is going to be released though.

Upgraded from v5 to v7, loaded up an industrial-era save: I had to rebuild councils in every city and I could faith-buy haciendas.

Was playing as pdan's sumer with extra uniques, so the councils weren't the generic ones.

Heheh that looks fun, uploaded a new hotfix, hopefully works.
After playing some 100 turns with the latest hotfix I can say: Yes, it works, but only partially as intended.

"Shift/next turn" button worked for a while, but then I got stuck again. I have a big army and many workers, but most of them seemed to do nothing anymore.
At last I couldn't even cycle to next unit.
cycle1.jpg cycle2.jpg

Unit list: (Almost) every unit which is not "on alert" or "fortified" is set to "do nothing". I made pictures only of the fusiliers, but is the same thing with all miltary and civilian units.
I suppose, they are not reset after shift/next turn and this adds up over time.

do-nothing.jpg

@balparmak: I started a new game today, and I had similar problems again, BUT they might be caused by a technical problem of my keyboard... One of the shift keys may cause irregular contacts. So better not invest time on the case atm, I'll try an extern keyboard and see what happens.

I get a similar issue; it seems to be the "A unit needs orders" button. Instead of going to the next unmoved unit, it sets all remaining units to wait status (equivalent of pressing space bar, whatever that action or lack of action is called). So it immediately goes to "Next Turn" status unless there are some city or civ actions (like research, civic, etc) left to do.

The workaround of never pressing "A unit needs orders" and completing all unit moves before doing anything else seems to mostly work; as each unit completes its action or is waited, it cycles correctly to the next unit. There have been a few times where I didn't click that button and all units switched to wait status, but I haven't determined which particular action (besides "A unit needs orders") causes it.

Or is this me just not understanding a change to how unit cycling works?

I have abandoned the "hardware theory" as well. With only a few units now it is maybe easier to pin it down. Hopefully...

I fixed it in the main branch, can do a beta release but it won't be save compatible. Will try it later today
Excellent! It was playable with the bug, just annoying (and easy to forget about units).

Updated the OP with the new link, not savegame compatible though. This comes from the main branch so includes a lot of other fixes, hopefully they'll play nice with added features. Thanks for testing!

Also includes another surprise slated for 2.6: new farm resources. Maize & rice are added as farm resources, their placement is taken from Even More Resources, but they are identical to "wheat" yield-wise. I'll make a thread for them after 2.6. If you're using Even More Resource, use the attached version instead.
Why not include EMR in VP? that would be really interesting in my opinion.

Why not include EMR in VP? that would be really interesting in my opinion.
Balancing issues, and also balancing the map generation stuff.
I played with EMR, and whoa, what a resource spammer that mod actually. I had to adjust through the AssingStartingPlot.lua file manually.

But, I always agree with resource diversification. More resources for improvements that are lacking.

Balancing issues, and also balancing the map generation stuff.
I played with EMR, and whoa, what a resource spammer that mod actually. I had to adjust through the AssingStartingPlot.lua file manually.

But, I always agree with resource diversification. More resources for improvements that are lacking.
Yes, I could hear it fine with some rebalancing work.

There quickly starts being graphical issues with EMR. You see it strongly in Strategic View.
Bad news, maybe just integrate some resources for improvements that have few or none. Farms as you want to do but also lumbermills for example.

Top Bottom