New icons aren't appearing in game.

KevinHawke

Chieftain
I've been working on modding in a new Civilization (Lucina of Ylisse), but I've run into a bit of a roadblock after making some progress. I followed this YouTube tutorial (
) and managed to get the text in-game and in the Civilopedia to change. That's about as far as I got, though, because I've been having trouble changing the art files.

I mostly followed the guide here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fFGEAJwyFaLmY31b6JnkI1rmu8Q07zlhuJU_2DcJ4dE/edit) but used different sizes based on other working mods (256, 128, 80, 64, 55, 50, 48, 45, 36, 32, 24). I made the icons using GIMP and compressed them as DDS files (RGBA8), then did the rest of the steps using ImportFiles on all the DDS and tex files.

However, when I begin the game, the Civ select screen still shows the Civ icon as a question mark. If I select the Civ and start the game, it crashes before loading anything. If I start the game as a different Civ, with an AI as the custom Civ, the game starts normally. Unfortunately, the custom Civ's diplomacy screen shows up as the dreaded Cleopatra on a black background. The icon is still a question mark.

I'm wondering if I messed up the code somewhere in the config (I'm not very experienced with coding at all), or if I did something where it expects more than just custom icons and crashes because I haven't replaced all the art files yet. I've uploaded the files I have so far. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction or spot the (probably many) errors I've made.

Attachments

• Fire Emblem - Lucina.rar
    109.6 KB · Views: 48
Well, I managed to fix my issue by starting over entirely and using a new tutorial that used a different method of adding new art assets. It's working flawlessly in game now, thankfully, so I can move on to the tough stuff - modifiers!

Well, I managed to fix my issue by starting over entirely and using a new tutorial that used a different method of adding new art assets. It's working flawlessly in game now, thankfully, so I can move on to the tough stuff - modifiers!
What tutorial did you use? I have an issue with the diplomacy screen being black with Cleopatra

Top Bottom