New Unit: Messerschmidt Me-109 E

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
I always felt kinda low having to use the Firaxian generic fighter for all civilisations. My favorite Civ remains Germany (figures init ?), so I looked around but didn't like what I saw. In the end I made a Me-109 myself, and hope you people will like it a little . I am planning a new, later version of a Bf-109G with civ colours with the help of Omni/Synrise and Architekt...

Updated: Me109E v1.4:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/ME109E_v1.4.zip

Update includes:
Preview,
Civ Colours,
Corrected Wings (E;W),
New Propeller animation

---
*I greatly thank Führer Nonnob3 for creating the nice Death.flc which has made this cutie ready for delivery
*Credits go to Pablostuka whose Run wave (amongst others) can be found at his Unit Sounds Sticky
*The folder contains The ini file; Default, Run, Attack, and Death flics; respective wave files; credits also go to Haverlock since I am using his old Me's Pedia Icons

- Be sure to visit the Third Reich Team on a regular basis for our frequent new releases and powerful updates on not just German Civ3 units - :king:

... but now Vorwärts, the crew is waiting, the air raid sirens announce the devils dance - in die Maschinen, denn es geht an den Feind!...

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
No, sorry- at least not yet (I might add them if enough people went for that). I thought it would be used mainly by the German Luftwaffe as a flavour unit instead of the 'Fighter'

Well, count my vote for civ-sepcific colours! And since I've kept the original civ-colours, my Germany is blue - so a grey german unit isn't much use ;)

Bravo, WINTER!

This saves me having to inflict my dodgy Me109 effort on the community!

I will add it to my next upgrade of CIV3.bic!

Just to let you know there had already been Me-109's and Me-110's been posted at other website's and i think the Me-109 here once or twice

Yeah I knew that, but I didn't like Haverlocks attempt. Wasn't even animated, just the deafult with the Firaxian Fighter's bomb animation to it. So I made this one :) (it's bigger too than the other one- I don't like it when I cannot see my forces, as sadly happens with the Me-262 :()

Thanks for the excellent plane Winter. I felt guilty about making Germany use the generic civ3 fighter too. I hope I get to see it in action though - tech flies by so fast that I usually only see my WW2 fighters attack 2 or 3 times a game.

Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
Thanks for the excellent plane Winter. I felt guilty about making Germany use the generic civ3 fighter too. I hope I get to see it in action though - tech flies by so fast that I usually only see my WW2 fighters attack 2 or 3 times a game.

Thanks, you two :) Uhm, Unscatched Foot- if U could do me a favour ?! Could U check how the North-West and North-East flics look in combat ??? :mwaha::whipped:

Goering, the test results on the new Me-109 are in. It appears that in the NW and NE attacks the fighter is not facing forwards during flight. The attack direction is about 45 degrees but the plane is facing almost in a 90 degree position. Comparatively, in the SW attack the plane was facing in the correct direction. Its not a big deal and I like it as it is but if you want it perfect you can fix it. Its up to you. Your fighter looks heaps cooler than the original civ3 fighter.

I really like the run sound you put in. Sounds like an old WW2 live footage documentary. I'm gonna mess with the sounds a bit and maybe use the amb file from the original fighter. I'd prefer to have your awesome run sound during a bomb attack rather than the weak bomb sound from the original fighter. I noticed that the original fighter uses its run sound during bomb attacks. Your gun sound is great. I shot down an enemy plane during the test and it sounded like it really killed the hell out of it.

Whenever I extract all the unit animation files into art/units/bf 109, the animation does not appear in the 'icon' box in the units tab of the rules in the editor. Why? Am I doing something wrong?
Help!

You need to update your units_32.pcx file - check out my sig for an updated one with hundreds of icons. I've not put this Me-109 in yet, but I will soon, and there is Haverlock's 109 in there, which you could use for the time being.

Top Bottom