• Drama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philosophy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mike6426

Singularitarian
As we are going to have a turnchat soon, I would like to get your opinions on which tech we should research next. This will not be a definitive poll, although I will take it into consideration when I choose which tech should next be researched.

Info on techs: Term 4-Office of Chief Scientist

Discussion: Tech Discussion - Page 2

I've cast a vote for Feudalism, however I'm hoping to grab that from one of the AI, What I'd really like to see is a move towards banking, and feudalism is the first tech on that route.

This will not be a definitive poll, although I will take it into consideration when I choose which tech should next be researched.

Will someone let me know when you're all gonna play a democracy game where us mere mortals can be in on the actual decision making? :rolleyes:

BTW, I would have voted "None of the above - there are problems with this poll" but that isn't an option. Heck, I can't even abstain in this one. :rolleyes:

Will someone let me know when you're all gonna play a democracy game where us mere mortals can be in on the actual decision making? :rolleyes:

BTW, I would have voted "None of the above - there are problems with this poll" but that isn't an option. Heck, I can't even abstain in this one. :rolleyes:
Stop complaining, donsig. There has been ample room for discussion in this topic. I don't see a reply from you there.

I voted Engineering btw, we can use an additional movement point.

Education (pick up Feudalism elsewhere)->Guilds -> Banking, stopping research on education when we get Feudalism from Julius

Note, if we want Feudalism, it's probably best to run 0% science while researching it to build up or cash, and then trade for it. We would add a few beakers into the tech making it cheaper, and we would have some reserves to go 100% on guilds/banking later.

Stop complaining, donsig. There has been ample room for discussion in this topic. I don't see a reply from you there.

And you won't see any replies from me in discussion threads for this game. Does that mean I'm inelegible to vote in polls. Does than mean I can't point out the short comings of a poll? If you'd like I can stop voting in your silly polls. There haven't been many anyway lately. And those there are get, what, ten votes? I thought you'd all be glad of whatever participation you could get. Guess I was wrong. Well, there are many more fun things out there to do. CYA.

I'm with Donsig on this one... the poll options on this list are specific enough that there is no reason that this poll should not be binding.

Not enough time. The Conquests MTDG is more fun so I devote most of my CivFanatics time there. I do check the poll thread everyday here. Unfortunately, the demogames have not been friendly to those who a) do not have much time; b) can't or don't download and look at the save; and c) do not attend the chats. I strike out on all three of these. I'm still waiting for a thread with a summary of what goes on. Maybe you've all made one by now if so, point me to it.

BTW, General Falocn02 is right, this should be binding. If it were I'd vote in it.

Okay... I see one reason for it not to be binding...

What appears to be only a 24 hour poll period (assumable due to turnchat that is coming up very soon). In which case, this poll should have been up sooner.

Donsig, I haven't created a poll for a long time but I guess you are aiming at the silly polls everybody else íncluding me tend to create here. Sorry if any of my polls ever struck you as silly though.

If you want this poll declared null and void I am sure you know the procedure but please hurry that procedure then, I intend to have a TC in 6 hours.

@donsig: This thread doesn't have a summary of what's going on, but it does have some handy screenshots of our empire to give you an idea what we're doing if you don't want to/can't download the save.

If you want this poll declared null and void I am sure you know the procedure but please hurry that procedure then, I intend to have a TC in 6 hours.

I'm sure I could figure out the procedure. But I guess you still don't get it. If I had time to go through that process I'd have time to participate in the dicussions. :rolleyes:

@Dutchfire: Thanks for the link - I'll check that thread out!

Right, that sounds awfully strange in my eyes but I'll leave it at this. We can always carry on in PM's (not bickering-style though). I'll not contaminate this topic with my different point of view from here on.

Different points of view are never contamination, I also wish this poll had been done a bit differently. However I also wish donsig would provide not just his opinion on how the poll should be run, but also on which technology we should pursue next. From what I saw of him in the early game I know he is an intelligent player and we should value his input.

Top Bottom