Next Turn: 900bc

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the Diplomat onsite, ready to disband, 15 shields. If you really want to raise taxes, I'm not sure it's necessary. But my Queen, some citizens are DEMANDING a TAX HIKE! When does that ever happen? And citizens, no IPRB are necessary, we can always resolve a growth problem with an Entertainer.

Ainwood, we can add entertainers if we disband the Elysium garrison into problems. But, it would be a real crying shame to disband a None unit. If we all feel truly desparate, let's switch something from Settler to Diplomat and dash into Elysium's production box (well, be ready to, don't commit hari kari without a sound reason - the message that the Indians will...)

I think Roading the Silk will give an extra trade.

1. Silk is on forest terrain, so I think Duke is right (no extra arrow for road).

2. Colossus analysis:
If the AI is 6 turns or less from completing Colossus, then the diplomat and the 2 units in the city are the only ones available for disbanding. 45 shields maximum from disbanding. Treasury = 134g, income =15g (25 if max. tax rate).

Next turn: 149/159 gold, 37 shields needed. With disbanding, we have just enough gold to RB without a tax hike. At 7 prod/turn, each turn of normal production saves 28g of the RB cost. Each turn makes a difference of 43/53 gold. Each 60g can save 1 unit from disbanding.

It will take 4-5 turns to save all the units. If DoM's 2-6 turn estimate is correct, let's hope it's more like 6 so we don't need to spend our whole treasury. Cutting it this closely calls into question the advisability of $peeding up the settler builds in the next 2 turns.

Originally posted by ainwood
How many units can we disband before the people get restless?
Not important IMHO. As long as we have Colossus we will be able to maintain peace in Elysium with Elvis and then get some units there. The important thing right now is to have Colossus!

As (currently inactive) Science Advisor, I fully support any and all actions with the stated intent of guaranteeing that we finish the Colossus before the Indians. My recommendation would be to hold off on any rush buying (save our gold), increase tax rate, and be prepared to disband any units in (or near, if we have time to move any there) Elysium. We MUST not let the Indians build the Colossus in some stupid trade-choked city!

BTW, from personal game experience: roading a forest does not produce trade, but roading *silk* in a forest DOES add one trade arrow to that already produced by the silk. I *believe* the same concept holds true for other specials.

Science Advisor, our Queen has requested a new Science poll. What is our next goal of learning? Mysticism is becoming important for Temples, Trade is long overdue, then there are Philosophy and Map Making and Mike's Chapel, and ... what else? What shall we consider?

Don't worry about those pesky Indians. Find them for me and I will lead our glorius legions to victory over them!

It's so nice of the Indians to build the Pyramids for us. We might even show our appreciation by allowing them to keep 1 city. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom