Noob needs video card advice

the300dude

Chieftain
After reading thread after thread after thread, I've come to the conclusion that I need a video card upgrade. I'm having the "rainbow tile" problem that so many others have experienced, and I've realized that my integrated graphics are well below the game's minimum requirements.

I've tried to research the subject and make a decision on my own, but the more I read, the more confused I get. I'm not tech savvy enough to fully understand what I'm looking at. So here I am, hat in hand, asking for help.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I'm trying to keep the cost as low as I can, and I'd like to get by without upgrading my power supply (300W) if possible. I don't need anything too crazy (this is the only game I'll be playing), but I'd like something decent.

DxDiag is attached, and I already plan to upgrade to 8GB RAM. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 72
Something decent that won't have a problem with a fairly old 300W PSU would be a GTX 750 ot 750ti.
Those have a fairly low power consumption, while still being powerful enough to run almost any game on decent image quality settings.

E.g. : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=GeForce_GTX_750_2GB-_-14-127-784-_-Product
for $100 after rebate.

There are options below that price point that would work as well for BE, like GT740 or R7 250(X), but those are much slower, while usually not all that less expensive.

I see you have already given advice.

I recommend you look at ATI R9 280 from Sapphire. Good performance and low price. Just fewer demands on the power supply and less heat than comparable Nvidia.

A 750 and 750Ti not recommend. Power they succumb. As gaming recommend x6x - x8x.

Just before installing a new video card recommend to recheck ventilation inside the case. If you have a friend, experts advise to ask him for advice.

Top Bottom