Open Borders to get units back

patinthedesert

Chieftain
I'm new to RAND, and trying to get thru a first couple of plays on a scenario at Normal speed. In the game that is farther along (about AD1100), I have a problem with military units trapped in the Viking Civ's territory. I had attacked one of his larger cities but then got warnings about unhappy citizens. At the point where they were about to revolt, I said OK to the demands and 2 cities flipped. Due to probably poor planning on my part, I have 6 units trapped in his territory on 3 one-tile 'islands' surrounded by Viking land. Without Open Borders these can't be moved. I can't find a way to negotiate for Open Borders. I even went into World Builder to build a temple for his religion and then switch religions. But it didn't convince Ragnar. I could really use the units back to help fight another war on the other side of my empire. Am I stuck or is there some way around this?

open world builder and delete them then re-create them

making sure units get teleported to boundaries when declaring peace is something to keep in mind

open world builder and delete them then re-create them

making sure units get teleported to boundaries when declaring peace is something to keep in mind
Yes there is always World Builder. Not exactly a peace settlement, I was responding to a warning about an impending revolt. I had taken 2 of the Viking cities some turns back. Now they were about to revolt. I accepted the offer was what happened I think. I didn't expect I would not be able to march the units out of there. Also, once they were isolated, the units could not be moved even if it would trigger war. They just ignored any attempt to move.

If you are okay with World Buildering, than you can either put foreign culture under those units that will teleport them out of that spot or edit diplomatic relations, make the other civ your vassal, bring'em home and than revert the diplo changes.

Top Bottom