Operation Squirooi Mk II

Civman2004

Something goes here...
Well, unless I am very badly mistaken, those 10 MWs on two squares and the few other units aren't here to say a friendly hello. Two questions need to be debated:

Do we launch a pre-emptive strike? Our Samurai could wipe out most of their force before the turn is up. By pre-emptive strike, I mean telling them to get out and if (when) they don't, we're at war, giving us the iniative. I think this is the most sensible thing to do.

The second thing which is up for discussion is what we will try to do during the war. Do we go for total annihilation, all but one city, half their land, a few cities until they'll make peace, or fight a defensive war? We have ample time to discuss this as they are unlikely to be ready for peace until next turn chat.

In principle, I back SD3s proposed plan for our new 3 phase doctrine of organized and staged wars for a crystal clear operational analysis and discussion threads. Embryonic single-player strategies are different from those needed in a demogame. We also need to preserve some Iroquois cities in order to guarantee diplomatic victory if we choose to.
Taking the land SD3 proposed give us all wonders they got plus most of the land.

If only I know off-hand what "Phase 3" was without looking through posts and polls. :) They haven't declared war yet, but we can ask them to leave, making them declare war. (In a way, attacking us). We can attack our our Samurai, and some swords.

We could probably have Mauch Chaunk by turn 2 or 3. (think about it! MORE SILKS!!!).

WE want to make wars in 3 stages, one stage per turnchat, with objectives per turnchat, ending the war within turnchat 3 in order to avoid war weariness and extended wars.

Provolution said:
WE want to make wars in 3 stages, one stage per turnchat, with objectives per turnchat, ending the war within turnchat 3 in order to avoid war weariness and extended wars.

1 - Monarchy doesn't have war-wariness...
2 - It'll probably be a LOT quicker than 3 turnchats... Our Samurai could reach the front within 5 turns (quicker if upgraded to cavs). Maybe have 5 cavs at each border city attacking, and then when they swoop into the center, it'll probably be the end of the term. The 2nd turnchat will probably see the Iroquois severely crippled to the one fringe Babylonian-border city within another 5 turns. We have the mobility.

We should politely continue to ask them to leave until they are out for good or they declare war on us. Then we should only take key cities like Mauch Chunk. After that we should fight a defensive war to keep from completely destroying the Iroquois, if we do cap anymore cities, we should give them back unless we are on a course to completely conquer Iroquois.

We are independant country and we must protect our territory, Iros entering with an army of Mounted Warriors should be considered as act of war and as violation of our rights!
We should ask them to leave and if they declare war then strike them as planned.

One more thing to MSAV: Please coordinate with Domestic office about our goals. There is debate about building Forbidden Palace which should be completed NEXT TURN!
We must know which cities are we going to conquer (if any) and what would be best location for our Forbidden Palace. This is very important issue so please don't ignore it.

We are going for Pisae, Veii, Cumae and Mauch chunk in the first phase, and then repoll if we should take more cities.

"MK" always reminds me of good ol' MKULTRA. What a glorious operation that was. ;)

Anyway, I think we should only attack Mauch Chuck. Their troops are all concentrated up there, so the moment war begins we will have to defend our north. I suggest we send all the swordsmen we have ready to attack the South to defend ourselves and capture Mauch Chunk, which is stategic in many ways. A few would be left behind to defend our main borders, but I seriously doubt that any real threat will come from there. Our current border with the Iroquois is actually a very good one, even if it only includes half of Rome, since its got a nice line of hills. I think we should keep it, only annexing maybe Cattaraugus. We then declare peace. Babylon could be brought in to maim them a little.

When its over we won't have that problem to the north, but instead more silks. We'll also still have an undamaged Edo, since we'll have moved all the invaders to defend rather than offend (as far as I can tell no one's thinking of moving the deleted load of units along the border to actually be where we need them....). We should keep our current border and make it the only one, since we can fortify it very easily. Brining in Babylon and capturing Cattaraugus couldn't hurt either.

And NO PREEMPTIVE STRIKES. We don't have much to do them with, as far as I know, anyway. At least not if you also want to invade. You need to keep in mind that if we can't exactly defeat the huge northern army while sending all our guys into their territory somewhere else.

Top Bottom