Our Map of the Galaxy

How should we do the map?

• Total voters
i thought this was going to be a regular mapped land instead of planets which i dont think is a good idea because then if you do land you could have better units like jedis and sith and now spaceships.

Make Planets Wraparround!

Also, in Frontier the systems are based on I think Inverse Multiplictice to distance/whatever to make them look big enough. Maybe have space combats and ability to auto-resolve combat with planets acting as an over all city.region or you can zoom in for stories or if you want to reduce casualies.

So maybe "Hazfar" (Desert Planet, 1 City, 5 Outposts, 10,000 Droids and 500 Big Guns. Resource: Spare Parts, Yucky Gas)

Zoom in for the battle: 100 Droid Units and 5 Artillar Units on a map with a large stretch of desert and 1 City and 5 small cities. There are a few mines and 1 space port.

That wold be hard to implement though... Maybe 5 battle turns then do the overall turn, then battle turns?

I voted 9, I read the thread, and now I vote 4...

nine would be the best

I think that the land should be a bit bigger.

Maybe a representation of Earth could be 9 squares, but one of those "Super-earth" classes could be 25 square, you know, so it's bigger.

25 makes for a gigantic map that would be hard to make with the 9 planets
So we have decided on a nine plot planet which we have already made a partially working mapscript for

Just wanted to get an idea of what people want for the map.

The planet should be 4 tiles. Biggest to build improvements/land troops while small enough to prevent more then one city being built.

25 makes for a gigantic map that would be hard to make with the 9 planets
So we have decided on a nine plot planet which we have already made a partially working mapscript for

There will be 2 cities on planet surfaces?

Make Planets Wraparround!

Also, in Frontier the systems are based on I think Inverse Multiplictice to distance/whatever to make them look big enough. Maybe have space combats and ability to auto-resolve combat with planets acting as an over all city.region or you can zoom in for stories or if you want to reduce casualies.

So maybe "Hazfar" (Desert Planet, 1 City, 5 Outposts, 10,000 Droids and 500 Big Guns. Resource: Spare Parts, Yucky Gas)

Zoom in for the battle: 100 Droid Units and 5 Artillar Units on a map with a large stretch of desert and 1 City and 5 small cities. There are a few mines and 1 space port.

That wold be hard to implement though... Maybe 5 battle turns then do the overall turn, then battle turns?

Can there be multiple battle turns within a regular turn?

The multiple turns within one turn would require a reworking of the DLL We don't have the people or time to do that. We're going with 9 tile planets along with the python and DLL modifications we've been talking about. If you have questions look at the corresponding threads.

Perhaps Planet size should be an option much like map size and climate would be in the normal game.

We already have the mapscript set up we can work on those kinds of things after Version 1

Nice to have you back Dumanios can you do 3d graphics?

A couple variations might work. Smaller 5 tiles worlds would work ( + ) shape with couple ( box with + ) 14 shape worlds (for balance they could all be ice)

One thing, the palanets should not be all one chariteristic.
Desert plaent could have a cuple hills with possibility of 1 oasis on one side.
Ice planet could have a couple of mountains. with 1 or 2 tundra plots

You start on a huge disadvantage if you start on a Ice, fire, or desert planet as it is now.
You have a huge advantage if you star on a planet with all water.
This can be corrected by change the build up of each planet make up with also changing the yields slightly.

I will try to fix this but our python editor has left so It might take a while this isn't something we need for version 1

Top Bottom