• Location 5

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gingerbread Man

Dark Magus
I mentioned in an earlier thread that I want a third city on the mountains to the east, to fill with pikemen. Since Cha Ching and Yun Quiling have been such successful defenders with IIRC 6.25 defence, I decided we will have another city between them, to bring some shelter to our inner cities. Send the settler out to the spot that gets the top vote, build walls ASAP, then fill it with 3 pikes, preferably veteran.

This will mean we have a 'Great Wall' of Fanatikou. Our defences will be superior, enough to route any attack force. We will build a settler in Shen Ling if this matter passes, and build the city in the desired location.

Attachments

• fortress city.jpg
    fortress city.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 106
If you ask me, I say location 3:
1) it is well placed in between Cha Ching and Yun Qiuling
2) it is already connected by road
3) All other places are either too cramped, or have two many mountains and hills, and not enough plains.

Difficult choice.

Maybe I'd say place 2, cause otherways it will overlap too much over the terrain of Shen Ling.

Anyway, I did not vote yet. I must think of these important matters.

But it is really a good idea to build a city there.

How far from each other cities it is good to build, to minimize overlaps?

Or how far of each other are we building, to be correct.

Dont be bothered about overlap. It is actually a common tactic in multiplayer to never build cities more than 3 squares away from another. This is so 1 movement point units can reshuffle to defend other cities. Which is another reason to pick site 3.

As a general rule, aim for 12 squares per city, with production reaching at least over 30 uncorrupted shields. Four size 12, 30spt (shields per turn) cities, are a lot better than one size 21, 120spt city.

I voted 2 though 3 might be nice. I think 2 is the supior choice however.

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
Dont be bothered about overlap. It is actually a common tactic in multiplayer to never build cities more than 3 squares away from another. This is so 1 movement point units can reshuffle to defend other cities. Which is another reason to pick site 3.

As a general rule, aim for 12 squares per city, with production reaching at least over 30 uncorrupted shields. Four size 12, 30spt (shields per turn) cities, are a lot better than one size 21, 120spt city.

Oh...:blush:

I didn't know that... It sounds good, although.

I'll vote for spot 2, anyway. It does go a bit further than 3 squares, but it is better.

Location 2 is more crowded, and has less food sources. It would become a very weak city, and would waste the mountainside.

Site 3 is more spaced out (man!). It has much more potential.

There aren't too many people replying here, are there?;)

Maybe 3 is better... we'll have to wait for more votes.

they all suck when it comes to counterattacking enemy units. All we need is one adjacent mountain and we have a problem.

It was a toss up for me. I liked the fact that two had a river next to it. However, three is the best in the end for it's quickness in setup. It's not going to take very long to get the great wall of Fanatikou built.

We could build a fortresschain between the Great Wall cities, into the mountains. Then it would really become a Great Wall.:)

If we go on the offensive, the 'Great Wall' will be in the interior. Though, if we are beaten back, I would definately see its use.

The biggest thing I disagree with is the name.:p
There is already a Great Wall.

No great wall. That's a terrible idea! We should instead spend our worker efforts making the most built up cities as to produce higher tech units at a faster rate.

We should attack GCA first, then we could decide where to put the wall.

I mean, if the wall would be totally inside our borders, what would the use be?

If we capturecities, this could happen...

Top Bottom