Palace Jump! Proposal to save thousands of shields and gold

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
THIS IS HIGHLY CLASSIFIED, DO NOT MENTION IT OUTSIDE FORUMS, AND MODERATORS DO NOT BRING THIS UP

I propose that Team TNT will conduct a Palace Relocation from Dancing Banana to Carpetbomb, then rename the cities in order to respect the name of the capital to those who wanted Dancing Banana as the name of the capital.
This would save us thousands of shields and gold in the long term, as our northern most productive city will be Dancing Banana (future Carpetbomb) and the port with the iron, and our southern likely the Oasis with incense.
There are 9 tiles North-South in our lands, between uninhabitable ocean and jungle. We simply need to relocate the capital to 5 tiles south, being in the very center of the productive area, and not squander our shields on the Northern Ocean.

THIS IS NOT AGAINST THE MTDG RULES AND SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT UP FOR A RULE DISCUSSION AS IT IS A BUILT IN GAME FEATURE. I ALSO EXPECT NO ONE TO BRING THIS UP OUTSIDE THIS FORUM, AS IT IS PROPOSED UNDER THE STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCES.

Dear team members of TNT, I will propose to relocate the capital in 4 turns, turn 33, this will cost us a little bit of culture, but no shields, and we can build the Statue of Zeus 5-10 tiles closer to the target with a higher shield output, either in the new capital or Dynopolis.

Attachments

• MTDG029_TEAMTNTLAND.JPG
    MTDG029_TEAMTNTLAND.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 99
Another note.

Dynopolis has completed barracks in 13 turns or so, and we produce veteran immortals from turn 42 onwards. With reduced corruption, we are down to about 40 turns for first vet immortal production initiation.

Gunner said:
I support this idea overall.

Just wondering, do we get any unit or anything when we abandon a city. Workers?

We get a new settler, and we will settle him on the same spot instantly.
Actually, we build the settler.

i rather not abandon cities just for extra shields...

Greekguy, you REALLY do not see the corruption and waste aspect, if you got the slightest read about that, you will see what this will cost us...

We must be strong. Having a centralized capital will help. I'm in favor of this plan.

I suggest we rebuild Dancing Banan on the hill in order to bring those whales with-in the city radius.

Aha, when the settler finishes, abandon the city and settle on the same spot again? Ok. Good Idea, and do we get a worker when we abandon the city?

I do not agree on the hill location, that will deprive us more growth and development from a free aqueduct, a Western port will get the whale..
I think we will get no worker, but it is not a deciding factor.

Top Bottom