Pandorus

Releasing Pandorus Lite tomorrow!

I just need to finish some documentation and things to explain what's going on with it before releasing it. I've also changed some things from what I've written and shared here earlier.

Hope you guys like it! :D And feedback is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Okay, didn't get a chance to work on this today, definitely releasing it tomorrow (Thursday).

This looks very interesting. I hadn't noticed it until now. I hope you keep working on it, and get things working for Rising Tide!

If you're still working on this for Rising Tide... any chance/possibility to get options to tweak the occurrence of expedition sites, especially of the different types of sites (since you're already tweaking where alien ruins go)?

Solely asking because I'd love to tweak the map to have more alien sites in one game or more alien skeleton/crashed satellites in another. Plus, it's very flavourful to have these underwater ruins.

If you're still working on this for Rising Tide... any chance/possibility to get options to tweak the occurrence of expedition sites, especially of the different types of sites (since you're already tweaking where alien ruins go)?

Solely asking because I'd love to tweak the map to have more alien sites in one game or more alien skeleton/crashed satellites in another. Plus, it's very flavourful to have these underwater ruins.

Yeah, I'm going to pick up on this again very soon. I just wanted to get a good feel for the expansion with a few games under my belt.

So, you're requesting a way to increase/decrease each type of expedition site? Hmm, there are a lot of different types now, that would be a lot of different settings. I'll think about it and maybe think of a cleaner way of doing something like that (like a single option to favor the placement of sites which reward progenitor artifacts, or alien artifacts, etc.).

I actually designed a system that placed expedition sites depending on the type, and progenitor ruins were placed far away from any starts, in remote areas, and far away from each other. I also used a weighted random system, so that progenitor ruins were a bit less likely than the other three (along with a ceiling value, so that a single type doesn't dominate too much.).

It worked great, but I scrapped the whole thing once I learned more about artifacts in RT. It wouldn't be balanced to place and spread out expedition sites depending on type, especially the progenitor ruins. It then hinders the creation of some artifact combinations.

Placements are random again, but I use a weighted system when randomly selecting which type to choose and place on the map. So, if a crashed satellite is placed, all the other rolls will be a little less likely to choose the same thing again. The chances decrease the more the same type is chosen. This keeps things random, but not too random where you can have no alien skeletons or progenitor ruins on the map and tons of crashed satellites, for example.

If I had that additional setting, I could increase the initial random weight of the sites which reward the desired artifact type.

Top Bottom