1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Pantheons other than Religious Settlements

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by BenitoChavez, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Which pantheon(s) do you usually take

1. City Patron Goddess

10.4%
  2. Dance of the Aurora

11.9%
  3. Desert Folklore

10.4%
  4. Divine Spark

47.8%
  5. Earth Goddess

38.8%
  6. Fertility Rites

9.0%
  7. Fire Goddess

3.0%
  8. God of Craftsmen

3.0%
  9. God of Healing

3.0%
  10. God of the Forge

9.0%
  11. God of the Open Sky

20.9%
  12. God of the Sea

40.3%
  13. God of War

6.0%
  14. Goddess of Festivals

13.4%
  15. Goddess of the Hunt

13.4%
  16. Initiation Rites

1.5%
  17. Lady of the Reeds and Marshes

7.5%
  18. Monument to the Gods

4.5%
  19. Religious Idols

4.5%
  20. River Goddess

16.4%
  21. Religious Settlements

44.8%
  22. Sacred Path

6.0%
  23. Stone Circles

22.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

Lately, I have been choosing the one that gives production and faith to strategic resources. That provides value during the whole game, and really helps you in the early game, as you would want to settle near those resources anyway.

2. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

I absolutely agree that time is the most valuable resource, whether you want to finish your game fast or whether you want to have the time to build and manage your beautiful civilization just the way you want it. But Religious Settlement is not the only one that gives you that, although it is quite useful. For example, playing the Inca, I love using Earth Goddess (however it is not the only one I use with them) because eventually having readily available faith in combination with certain Beliefs, Policies, City States etc., I can buy settlers, workers and other things in no time. I think choosing the right pantheon for the location, civ and especially what you are playing in any game you are can buy you the time you need to accomplish that, maybe not immediately as Religious Settlement does, but later when you most need it. Sometimes choosing not to eat the cookie in front of you now, can give you an opportunity to have more later.

I would suggest using either Infixo's or pokiehl's pantheon mods from time to time. They spice things up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2020
    lotrmith likes this.
  3. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

If you already built/ is building >=2 Holy Sites besides river, then river Goddess is a really solid choice.

If you have a lot of sea resources (for example, >2 in all of you first 3 cities) you shall choose the fish boat +1 production one.

If you need a religion but afraid of being short on GP point, then choose Divine Spark. The main use of Divine Spark is to help you win the prophet race.

4. lotrmith

lotrmith Prince

If my sole intention was to get a prophet, I'm sure I'd rather just run prayers once rather than lock myself into a pantheon that I otherwise didn't want.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.