PC to Mac Multiplayer

L0rv

Chieftain
My friend just bought Civ 5 so we could multiplayer. He's on mac, I'm on PC. Obviously the versions don't sync up. Is there any way we could play together?

Note: It's through Steam.

I've tried finding his version. (383) He obviously can't get up to mine. (511)

They were synced till today.

New bugfix patch for PC. Hopefully 2K will get the patch to the porting company for the Mac version, so versions can be back in sync soon. I bet it will be close to a month at best, though. 2K doesn't much care about Mac users except as an afterthought.

Yes hopefully Aspyr was sent the patch notes a week or two ago when then were sent to 2K QA, so they would have started work on a MAC port as soon as possible. MAC and PC have been compatible since Aspyr came out with their 383 patch, up until today.

You might want to post here to ask http://forums.aspyr.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97

CS

I'm running into this very same problem. It's ridiculous that they don't release the patches at the same time to avoid this issue, or that there isn't some way to roll the patches back. Personally I'm very upset at Aspyr and the Civ game developers that they allow something like this to continue.

The only real solution until Aspyr catches up is for MAC players to dual boot windows with BootCamp, and play using the PC version of the game.

CS

I'm running into this very same problem. It's ridiculous that they don't release the patches at the same time to avoid this issue, or that there isn't some way to roll the patches back. Personally I'm very upset at Aspyr and the Civ game developers that they allow something like this to continue.

It's not Aspyr. 2K releases PC patches *then* gives it to Aspyr. Aspyr has to play catchup. So, direct your ire at 2K, not Aspyr.

Top Bottom