peace talks (UPDATED with offer)

robboo

Deity
I have been asked by Sweet if I can speak for our team in peace talks. I said I can listen and present what they offer but nothing I say will be final without a team vote.

SO...what do you feel is reasonable terms. I personally tell them to get the hell out of our waters and dont come back. 0 gpt. 10 turn peace treaty. We arent going to get them to give us anything and I sure in the hell dont want to give them something.

I also think that in 10 turns we try to hit that Ivory city...pay back is a .....

i dont think we would get any benefit from doing that, if we do get peace we may as well make it long lasting and screw piffle over by helping innovia/loco to beat them down.

I echo the not give them anything sentiment.

ok.. but at some point I want blood...maybe in the form of nukes.

update

Sweet wants to know what we feel about a 10 turn peace deal. I said we need something a bit more than that. It only helps them get out of war weariness something we are not experiencing and it does nothing for our and theirs long term relations.

exact email.....
mtdg: So what about 20 turns? We have to start somewhere, and we have to be realistic. Perhaps we should discuss some demiltarised or scouting areas as well? We seem to both agree that no money or resources will change hands. What other conditions do you require?

We are actually a little worried about Epsilon as well. Well, I have always been worried personally, but I mean as a team, we are worried. A 3v2 war would be inconclusive, but a 4v1 would be easy. It would be difficult, but not impossible to arrange.

Obviously these are my, and not the teams, views (about eps war), but I think peace would be welcomed by both teams. Do you?

What or how should we respond. Here is my problem..we help them get rid of Epsilon then they will have the best chance of winning. Personally that doesnt sit right with me.

They could gift us 5 settlers, with their mfg still reasonable it wouldnt take long for them to be made.

I will make the suggestion...BUT in return for the settlers they may want us to agree to a long term NAP or perhaps a never attack them deal. I just dont see them gifting us 5 settlers.

IF we say 5 settlers we have to give them something..they kicked our butts. And killed our cities, we never pressured them at all. SO 5 settlers form them and what from us to them. IF nothing from us...I doubt it will happen.

I can respond with this...
" You guys need to gift us 5 settlers. With these settlers we can then get back to our prior production and really be in a position to help you guys defeat Epsilon, otherwise we can support a defensive war only and not an offensive war. In exchange we agree not to attack you or support anyone in attacking you until 10 turns after epsilon is dead. We also expect the same from you."

well we could not sign peace, we dont have any war unhappy yet whereas i assume they do and we have nothing to lose.

correct...lets see what they offer. I dint put you need to gift us 5 settlers. I said how about some settlers from your guys. Once we see what they offer we can present our number.

I dont think this will work out with them but we can gauge how much they want peace by their offer.

mtdg - As I said, activity is down in our thread. What about we deliver 2 settlers in a reasonable timeframe. finish current build, build settler, and ship them ... might take up to 15 turns... say 10-15 turns? We sign a 20 turn peace deal which will give us a good amount of time to both work on an eps plan and come to some demilitarised zone agreement (this should happen sooner rather than later). As for Innovia and Loco, obviously you guys are closer to them than us.. does anyone on your team know if they would be up for it? We wouldn't be comfortable talking to them until our peace treaty is in place... that'd put us too far out on a limb, imo.

NB- this is me, not the team... it'll have to be ok'd.

OK so they offered 2 settlers and 20 turns. I want to play hardball...tell them we need longer than 20 turns and 2 settlers. For 20 turns of peace..we need 5 settlers at the time of peace signing and we will continue hostilities until we see settlers.

BTW...I cant stand that we need to get the other 2 teams to join. I still suspect some sort of grand epsilon/piffle scheme. In my mind if we can get Loco and innovia to agree to anything why would we go after epsilon since Piffle attacked us.

OK opinions...I told him we had to discuss it.

Rob until we get an offer from the team there really isnt any point in considering a peace treaty which we have still yet to see.

I am only showing what they are thinking. He approached me with this, I never mentioned the MTDG. He says that he and others have been discussing it off board...so it would have some support.

I will tell him that his team needs to contact us. Some body needs to get some diplo going every turn we miss without a deal we are screwed more. I just feel we are starting to be too quiet around here.

his reply....

mtdg. The team has voted no to settlers, I'm afraid. So I'm not sure if peace is worth pursuing.. what do you think?

OK..build settlers and boats and lets start thinking of a counter attack. Lets go out swinging.

What is their offer then. So far they have not sent a single message.

I still think they are interested in attacking us and are at most trying to buy some time so they can get some troops that have a chance against cossaks.

The fact is we can't win even with a peace deal so i see no reason in letting up. With a bit of luck Loco will have chem soon and then we can force piffle off the water

it was in my message above your...

No settlers for peace.

I still think we can back door a win or get close similar to what i did in the cdz group hug. BUT to do that we need Piffle to get smacked by someone along with epsilon.

Honestly I think BC's 12 nukes would be an interesting idea...except all 12 aimed at piffle. Now thats what I call a pay back.

Top Bottom