Planning our Research Path

Nobody said:
as a potential FA minister, i think both Nationalism and Espionage are very usefull. I belive we should get Nationilise though trade. Then get espionage later. But we are falling behind militaryly without nationlism. The ability to use MMPs, embargos, drafts and mobilisation is too much to leave behind. We might be able to get Nationlism off of Zulu in a peace treaty.

Given that I'm using C3C, but we can get Nationalism in a trade from the French by offering medicine. Of course this is a little off-topic.

Anyways back on topic. We should continue down a research path that no one else is researching so we will still be ahead in tech and be able to trade techs.

Well, given that we're blazing trails already, and are already up 1 tech on the Upper half of the Tree (Industry), it'll be hard to determine whether they'll be playing "catchup" or "going North" until at least the 2nd TC of Next Term.

As someone who is soon to be in the trade ministry, I believe it should be a priority to Communism because having those wonderful police station will help improve corruption and thus it will improve sciences and our coffers. this is a good thing for anyone in Trade because it give us more room to maneuver.

As (soon to be former) Culture Minister,
I would like us to take the few turns needed to research Free Artistry. The culture provided by this tech would be tremendous in fighting culture wars, particularly if we happen to get a Great Leader.

I support Communism, thanks to police stations. I also supports MOTHs proposal for Free Artistry. However, as a dark Japanatican figure, I cannot find Free Masonry in the tech tree, and I prefer Secret Police HQ to Universal Suffrage.

Okay, here's my new queue, based on the suggestions of everyone in this thread:

The Corporation
Refining
*Nationalism
Steel
**Espionage
**Communism
Combustion
Mass Production
Motorized Transportation
Flight
Radio

* If not acquired VIA trade
** If not acquired VIA trade and/or the AI have yet to research it

Provolution said:
I support Communism, thanks to police stations. I also supports MOTHs proposal for Free Artistry. However, as a dark Japanatican figure, I cannot find Free Masonry in the tech tree, and I prefer Secret Police HQ to Universal Suffrage.

Hail Comrade Provolution! Let us follow the teachings of Marx and usher in an era of prosperity for the protelariat and rid ourselves of the tyrannical burgeoise!

I am all for Communism but I do believe we can wait on Espionage, I would move it behind Mass Production unless we find several of the AI are going for it/have it. Otherwise I think that queue is fine as is.

GrandSultan said:
I am all for Communism but I do believe we can wait on Espionage, I would move it behind Mass Production unless we find several of the AI are going for it/have it. Otherwise I think that queue is fine as is.

I will likely poll the queue again at a later date (most likely after the 2nd turnchat). We should beable to make your suggestion, if it matches the WOTP, work in the queue at that time.

MOTH said:
Everyone's suggestions but mine. :( What about Free Artistry?

Same as my post above, I think there is a very small chance we could research it, and complete it before another AI does. The only thing it will do is waste 4 turns of much needed research.

We can trade for it easily enough.

If we're building ToE in 2 turns, I would suggest switching to the Hoover path (and no research for 2 turns - build up money for rushes, etc.). Atleast in vanilla Civ3, you don't lose research by switching.

Well, if that's the case, then No Research for 1 Turn (after Turn 0), and switch to Hoover's Path then.

Sir Donald III said:
Well, if that's the case, then No Research for 1 Turn (after Turn 0), and switch to Hoover's Path then.

Actually, I was thinking about this, and it might be for the best to spend atleast 3 or 4 turns at 0% science. We will be getting replaceable parts soon, and we could use the extra cash to upgrade to infantry.

I'll post a poll over adopting the the queue tommorow, at the start of the term. Unless someone else has a queue that they wish to propose, mine will be the only option.

Top Bottom