Playing civ V on your android?

Ermak-

Prince
There is this app "Chrome remote Desktop" which let's you control ur PC with a phone. So you technicaly can play civ thru ur PC while controlling it on your phone. So let's say you are bored at work, or at a boring party or something. You can fire it up and play a civ game, which is great coz turn based games can be put away daily if need be and continued later. So, I want to ask you guys if a home tried this. I am about to get this download. It will be perfect to play civ in my bed before sleep, sitting at a computer desk can get uncomfortable.

I see two problems, you would want a tablet for seeing enough of the screen at a playable resolution, but the second problem may be worse, which is the input mode. PCs have a mouse with left and right click that also allows dragging the screen around. Also holding down mouse buttons shows another UI that I don't think you can simulate from your app.

What you need is a comfy executive chair for those long nights of 'one more turn'.

My thoughts are that:

1. You'd have to point it to Civ V running in Tablet mode (CivilizationV_Tablet.exe) to have any shot at all.
If your app is basically pointing to your home computer over the internet and it's not Windows 8+, that will be a show stopper right there.

2. You'll need a size at least the size of a paperback to have enough real estate on it for good enough resolution. I'd personally want the screen to be at least as big as the windows 8 devices that brand themselves as both a laptop and a tablet.

3. If the tablet isn't capable of using a stylus, comfort of your fingers may be a limitation.

Why not just play it on your laptop instead? If you're going to play it on a phone/tablet (even if it's remote deskop'ed to your computer) with the specs you'd need to play it on a comfortable resolution & control (stylus or no), you might as well be on a laptop.

it works! on my 7" nexus 5. Zoom works, and resolution is just fine. PC must not be sleeping to acces it from phone and if u get disconnected when game is running, its hard to conenct back. I dont have laptop nor tablet- and those are hard to hide on ur work desk so boss doesn see you.

Top Bottom