Pole Centered Worldmap 22 Civs TSL

PDMX

Warlord
Since I have done several highly accurate regional maps, I wanted to try something new. So this will not be a highly accurate worldmap. Instead, it might be the most inaccurate map of the world as you could ever imagine. There will be some parts missing, and other parts will look distorted, but I still tried to make the coastlines fit into perspective. If you want to argue about me being not able to make it accurate, please dont read further, I have other maps for you to play, try my Extendefd Europe or the even better Avalon Hill Europe+Asia map. ;-) I also have an own accurate world which I just did not publish yet. So if you argue enough I might release that aswell. ;-)

The reasons for creating an inaccurate worldmap are simple and many have done this in the past. There must be a bigger europe, smaller oceans, etc. But I hope my approach on a gameplay focused worldmap will be as fun as my previous maps.

Today I have just finished the raw layout:

The plan is to fill it with 22 mostly ancient civs and make this map even though it is highly inaccurate with an accurate landscape.

Some nice north pole battles is something I have ever wanted.

Please leave me your feedback and thoughts how this should be continued.

Dont forget to check out my other maps aswell:

I had not much time working on it recently, but I think this might be changing in the coming weeks. I was already starting to sculpt the Americas, although this seems very difficult from that angle.

This looks like it could make for a fantastic Earth map, gameplay wise. How is the progress on it coming? Do you think you'll manually place resources or set them to random? You should post the map in its current state as I (and maybe others) would love to play around with it and come up with my own version (giving you credit of course). If not that's cool though!

I will continue work on it but did not find the time and mood right now.

However the anouncement of civ 6 has sparked new interest for me in civ, and to see that Hexagon maps will be there too, makes me think it is not worthless to progress on it.

I usually preplace all resources. But to save time and work it could be wise to wait until the civ 6 to release to create a version with civ 6 resources... If there is a map editor available at start.

Top Bottom