PolyCast Episode 330: Dannisaries

CanusAlbinus

Chieftain
Shiny New Civs! The three hundred-and-thirtieth episode of PolyCast, “Dannisaries“, features regular co-hosts CanusAlbinus, Stephanie “Makahlua”, Philip “TheMeInTeam” and Jason “MegaBearsFan” Grade and guest co-host Drusain and takes on the following topics:

News
00:01:45 - Sweden Discussion
00:22:31 - Sweden Livestream
00:27:31 - Ottomans Discussion and Livestream

Research Lab
00:46:11 - Additional Diplomacy Actions

Forum Talk
00:53:26 - City-State vs City-State

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Last edited:
Please review the links provided in your post: e.g.,
"PolyCast" > 403 no permission
"Beginning with the Mali" > Polycast Evergreen, Season 12

Jumping through hoops finally got me to #330, but I don't recall how I finally made it and must affect audience. So please get a link checkup also on the Polycast site (in perfect timing, of course).

Given our experiences with skype, it's unsurprising that we'd have yet another tech issue on this particular episode. If he hasn't fixed it by the time I'm back home I'll talk to him about it.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm still getting things together, so please forgive the error. One of these days, I actually know what i'm doing ;)

Should this be available everywhere? It's not available in the podcast app I use (Podcast addict).
Also, several of the latest episodes have had the wrong publication date it seems (2018-01-20 for episode 329, and 2108-12-29 for Cut! Steel edition).

I feel like i need to set up a bug tracker for all the difficulties I've had trying to keep the website going! ;) It doesn't help that I don't have direct experience with being a webmaster. Never fear, I am in the process of building a new, better site that will allow me to not make the RSS feeds manually.

EDIT: Dan sent me a message about why the podcast is not on a listing service. He says: "I was not reluctant, but rather being practical: there are so many such services that I felt the most reasonable thing to do was assist anyone looking to use them to add the show manually to their personal list of shows. I was always open to assist people in doing so once they brought it to my attention."

Thank you for your comments, and thank you for listening!

Last edited:
And this is something that has changed recently? I've been listening to Polycast via that app for over a year with no problems. Maybe it was the issues that Jaybe reported that caused problems for this app to list the episode.

And this is something that has changed recently? I've been listening to Polycast via that app for over a year with no problems. Maybe it was the issues that Jaybe reported that caused problems for this app to list the episode.

On January 1, DanQ retired, and I took over. It took a while to figure out how things worked, and in those earlier days, I messed up some of the site. It should be fixed now, though.

@CanusAlbinus Thanks for the help.... and it is looking like the rss feed for the podcast is broken. My podcast player cannot update from it. If you need more information, I'll see what I can debug later today, but it is probably a typo somwhere

error on line 6 at column 114: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

Top Bottom