Precog project....

ProphetMaster

Warlord
I am thinking of building this for the first time, but have a question. It only works in "friendly" territory. If I have an alliance with a neighbor and some colony declares on her, do I still get the defensive bonus if I send troops over into her territory to fight our common enemy? That would be VERY cool. I hate ARC.:D

That's an intersting question! Sorry, I don't know the answer, I'm just writing to keep tabs on the thread :mischief:.

That would be VERY cool. I hate ARC.
Agree on that! Somehow in most of my games, I get her as direct neighbour. First she's all friendly (open border? Go away!), then she forwards settels me (I don't react, I got all my cities I need...), she asks for severel coop wars (again: Go away!), sends multiple traderoutes to me, starts wars with 2 others and then, who would have guessed, declares war on me (of course no condemnation first...). Yeah, I hate that stupid backstabbing b**ch:D but I like to play as ARC...

That's an intersting question! Sorry, I don't know the answer, I'm just writing to keep tabs on the thread :mischief:.

Agree on that! Somehow in most of my games, I get her as direct neighbour. First she's all friendly (open border? Go away!), then she forwards settels me (I don't react, I got all my cities I need...), she asks for severel coop wars (again: Go away!), sends multiple traderoutes to me, starts wars with 2 others and then, who would have guessed, declares war on me (of course no condemnation first...). Yeah, I hate that stupid backstabbing b**ch:D but I like to play as ARC...

After KP's non-support in our "alliance" against ARC (see my "alliance" rant today!), I should just let her fight ARC alone. I wonder whether ARC would still have declared on me instead of KP, if I had given her a head fake and replied "give me 10 turns to get ready" when she invited me to "join" her "war" with KP. Does anybody know how that works? My guess is that she won't attack you if you ask for 10 turns to join her in war, but I don't know.

I honestly don't know. I never got to an alliance with one of the AI's. I think they can drag you into an offensive war not just defending (meaning you declare war if someone DOWs your alliance partner, but you also declare when your partner DOWs someone else). Because I mostly play peacful I never took the risk of the diplo hit... I don't know, if she would have attaked you. I guess not, because her original target was KP anyway... I now that the fake "10 turns" gives you quite the strong negative diplo modifier, while the "Sorry but no" option is afaik neutral.

OT: yesterday I got backstabbed by KP. that was something I've never seen before. ARC, PA, PAC, AU (seldom) and SF: yes. But KP? We had a cooperation agreement, trade going on, no negative diplo modifiers... It was rather fun though, I never expected it!

I honestly don't know. I never got to an alliance with one of the AI's. I think they can drag you into an offensive war not just defending (meaning you declare war if someone DOWs your alliance partner, but you also declare when your partner DOWs someone else). Because I mostly play peacful I never took the risk of the diplo hit... I don't know, if she would have attaked you. I guess not, because her original target was KP anyway... I now that the fake "10 turns" gives you quite the strong negative diplo modifier, while the "Sorry but no" option is afaik neutral.

OT: yesterday I got backstabbed by KP. that was something I've never seen before. ARC, PA, PAC, AU (seldom) and SF: yes. But KP? We had a cooperation agreement, trade going on, no negative diplo modifiers... It was rather fun though, I never expected it!

Good to know. I have cooperative with KP in my current game, but she is Harmony and I am Purity, so I can see the potential once we both get to level 5. Did she have the military advantage on you? I think I will load some military on her border once I get to level 5.

Also, I am pretty sure that an alliance gives you immunity to back-stabbing. But the trade-off is that she could drag you into a war. In my case, I would not care, because KP and I share a continent with a colony that I may eventually want to have a war with anyway.

Good to know. I have cooperative with KP in my current game, but she is Harmony and I am Purity, so I can see the potential once we both get to level 5. Did she have the military advantage on you? I think I will load some military on her border once I get to level 5.

Well, I was doing an OCC challenge and was spaming wonders and she had not really good terrain to expand. But yeah, she had a military advantage, considering I had only one unit:rolleyes: But I just bought 2 rangers and used the marine as meat shield... the rangers, if positioned right, and the city attack got rid of her Rovers quite fast:D If I remember correctly, I later abandoned the game, cause it was getting boring, and started a new one...

Affinites mostly play a role in diplo, but I had games before, where KP and/or AU where friendly the whole game (quite far away so we had no contested borders), chose a different affinity than me (and once even other than each other) and still remained friendly the whole game. I always got asked to renew the coop agreement and got the pop-up that they are also cooperating together. But yeah, if you go kick KPs behind, tell her Hi from me;)

Top Bottom