President or not?

What shall we do?

• Octavian X is the only candidate that fulfills the requirements, so he should be President.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Let MonkE run for President, his service as governor should allow him to qualify.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Let both MonkE and Dell19 run for President, let's ignore the Constitution just this once.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have some ideas about the way we choose governors and a possible Judiciary like the one in the Civ 3 DG.

I have posted several ideas about choosing Governors, which I view as our largest problem. Of course, the Presidential Eligibility is also a problem, and I am also prepared to resolve that. I really appreciate Octavian's suggestion of a slight change to resolve the eligibility question -- he's right on! There may be other problems, I'm not sure, but those two are very clear.

I have moved in the direction of an election, rather than appointment by the Domestic Advisor. Out of respect for the Duke of Marlbrough, I have submitted a draft for his review. I believe he will shortly open up something for discussion, having sanitized my wild ideas, for which I thank him in advance.

I abhor the thought of a Constitutional Convention. I am looking forward to returning to regular game play, at our current frantic pace, with more participation and distribution of authority. This game is really warming up .... we are nearly prepared to ATTACK!

I feel that the purpose of this was to stop people new to the game becoming president and not really knowing what to do. It should probably be modified to allow anyone who has recently held a position.

Surely the purpose was to ensure that whoever was elected to the Presidency was dedicated to the game and unlikely to sack it off in the middle of their term. If the person has already served a term in another department then they would seem to be dedicated enough to take the big chair for a month. Pellaken aside, we've done well with our Presidents in both games but I still feel that we should expand the constitution to allow former ministers, governors and even the editor to take the post. Dell had a busy month last month and couldn't give that much time to the game, but as a former President and long-time player I think it would be foolish to disallow him his nomination. Even if he didn't really want it. :rolleyes:;)

Well I didn't mind it was just that no other president so far had been a previous president so it didn't seem fair to break the tradition.

Isn't the President elected? I take Duke's point about the previous role being a useful indicator of commitment, but I personally wouldn't vote for someone who only shows up sporadically.

I think that everyone posting in these threads seems to be mature and responsible enough to tell people when they can / cannot contribute, and stand or not stand accordingly.

I actually don't see why "anyone" can't stand for president. They've got to be nominated and voted for, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom