Progress Science for capital population born: Bug or Intended?

myclan

King
I adopted Progess last game, so I thought I would get 20 science for each population born in capital later. But then an ancient ruins gaves me 1 extra population from 5 to 6, no science provided. (Later I reconfirmed the saves, it gaves me the 20 science next turn for the Ancient Ruins gifted Pop. Sorry for my mistake.)
Also I built a settler later and reduce it from 6 to 5. Then grew 1 extra population by food later, still no science provided. Is it a bug or just works as intended?

Last edited:
The second one is intended. You don't get bonuses for growing to the same population a second time (just like you don't get bonuses for conquering a city a second time). The first may be a bug.

The second one is intended. You don't get bonuses for growing to the same population a second time (just like you don't get bonuses for conquering a city a second time). The first may be a bug.
Thanks. If I remember correctly, coucil will give another 5 science for growing again. So Progress doesn't. And the dev forgot to write a code on ancient ruins grow:lol:

But then an ancient ruins gaves me 1 extra population from 5 to 6, no science provided.
Are you sure the city never had 6 population?

Also I found a rare bug: if a city has had X population and dropped to X-1, gaining 2 population here would trigger instant yields for 2 population growths instead of 1.

Are you sure the city never had 6 population?

Also I found a rare bug: if a city has had X population and dropped to X-1, gaining 2 population here would trigger instant yields for 2 population growths instead of 1.
Yes,I'm sure it's the first time to grow to Pop 6. I'm also curious how X-1 Pop can grow to X+1 Pop in 1 turn :lol:

Top Bottom