ptw, is feudalism always the free tech?

hoover

Chieftain
Playing the ottomans and was expecting monothesism to be free tech as I was pre-building for Sistine. Anyways, I went back to my last save twice and Feudalism was always the free tech. In vanilla civ 3 the game also said the soothsayers have learned a new tech, or something like that, where in ptw it just gives it to you, not that it matters. Is this correct?

Sorta.

It's supposed to be random, and I thought that Firaxis patched this in the last patch, (or maybe it was they were going to) but you end up getting the same techs most of the time. There's a thread around here somewhere about it. Good luck finding it with out the search option tho. :(

well I started the game on 1.21 then patched up 1.27. Don't know if once you start a game if a new patch applies or not. I even tried one game save after I patched up and it still gave me feudalism. Oh well. Thanks.

Actually, it is completely random now. I think what happened here is that you reloaded a save - if you're playing with 'preserve random seed' on - you will always get the same results from the same actions.

jack is right, i think preserve random seed woudl give you the same result eevry time. if that is off, then just reload angain and again from the tun before your due to get it. see if one tiem you get lucky.

Top Bottom