Pure Vanilla - Civ4 with historical periodifications

Anba02

Chieftain
Hi

I've had a idea for a mod -Was religion really the right way to go after Civ3? shouldn't we have stuck with the throne room instead?

-Ok i wonder if one can make a mod for the base game that make use of throne rome. I know that there are files for the Throne Room somewhere in the game but as i understand they have been deactivated. I would like to reactivate these and also make finishing your throne room into a way to win the game.
-I would also like to make your Capitol more important for the game. As of now: if your palace gets captured your capitol automatically shifts to somewhere else. Instead a player that looses his Capitol should have to cope without one until he gets it back or build a palace. If said player has cities with low culture those cities could split into a new civ. Or if said player has cities with culture of a dead civ that civ may return with an other leader provided that any such exist, example: Cyrus snuffed out Gandhi but lost Persepolis to Alexander Boom! -Ashoka get spawned in Gandhis lost cities. Also while Cyrus had two capitals he not only befitted the decreased maintenance cost, he also had his production of "throne room" points increased. An early victory of owning 60% of all Capitols and finishing your throne first can grant you a early victory. (lets call it a point victory and have it as default victory condition.

-The Capitol, being your civilizations birthplace, also serves as your man cult place. You wouldn't need to wait until those early superstitions trickles down to your cities for building monasteries and missionaries. You may do it boom from the bat as soon you reach meditation. The missionaries are like a extra UU for your civ. But instead of spreading a proper religeon they can do a "ceremonial Burial" that is planting 15 cultural points in the city and taking 1 of the 7 avaliable slots for religion. If one could do 7 Ceremonial Burials in the same city it would be avsome but i'm not sure how that would do with the mechanics of the game.

-Also since i prefer playing at Marathon speed. When wining an early victory this way perhaps you would like to play on, scoring the other victory types as well. There ought to be a way that as soon you have collected your glory move on and test your luck in Warlords. There ought to be some way that the (is it the autosaves?) game port/copy paste the replay as running game (no restart, the scores are intact). Just as in real life history the move from antiquity meant a major shift to society. It ought to be the same in Civ4. One main gobal shift during the first half of the first millennium was the one from local paganism to world religions. The Capital and Throne room becomes obsolete with the discovery of the calendar. And thus grants a more fair diffusion of religions in the game

Top Bottom