Question about minStartingDistanceModifier

jkp1187

Unindicted Co-Conspirator
Can someone explain what the value assigned to this variable does? In other words, if I set this to -50, does that mean that civs will start farther away from each other than if the variable is set to, for instance, -20?

If someone could point me to a 'how-to' guide on the map scripts, that would be best (I searched, could not find.)

Thanks.

There is no real tutorial with the map scripts . But take a look at "CvMapScriptInterface.py" in the python entry points . All the function called with a map script are well described there .

Code:
* minStartingDistanceModifier()		# Can increase or decrease (by a percentage) the standard values for minimum distance between any two start plots.

If you want more infos with default implementation of the map script you should take a look into the sdk ( especially CvMapGenerator.cpp , CvGame.cpp and CvPlayer.cpp ) . For the use of minStartingDistanceModifier() take a look at CvPlayer::startingPlotRange() used with the default implementation of CvPlayer::findStartingPlot() . If findStartingPlot() is overridden in your map script , minStartingDistanceModifier() have no use .

this function is usefull with map scripts where starting location are supposed to be closer than there size ... ex : Terra ( where all civ start on a half of the map ) , Hub ( where all starting plots may be very close compare to the size of the map ) , ...

Tcho !

There is no real tutorial with the map scripts . But take a look at "CvMapScriptInterface.py" in the python entry points . All the function called with a map script are well described there .

Code:
* minStartingDistanceModifier()        # Can increase or decrease (by a percentage) the standard values for minimum distance between any two start plots.
If you want more infos with default implementation of the map script you should take a look into the sdk ( especially CvMapGenerator.cpp , CvGame.cpp and CvPlayer.cpp ) . For the use of minStartingDistanceModifier() take a look at CvPlayer::startingPlotRange() used with the default implementation of CvPlayer::findStartingPlot() . If findStartingPlot() is overridden in your map script , minStartingDistanceModifier() have no use .

this function is usefull with map scripts where starting location are supposed to be closer than there size ... ex : Terra ( where all civ start on a half of the map ) , Hub ( where all starting plots may be very close compare to the size of the map ) , ...

Tcho !

Thanks for the suggestions -- I will take a look at that file!

Top Bottom