Question about XML loading and assertion errors (MNAI-U)

Mailbox

King
I'm working on a modmodmod (mod^3) of MNAI and I'm currently using MNAI-U code as a base. I have been removing stuff and it is mostly going well but I've ran into a problem with some parts not fully being removed from the XML hashmap. When starting a game (after successfully loading the game with no errors/assertions), upon initialization I get spammed with errors about CIVIC_RELIGION and TECH_SEAFARING. However, unlike other errors I've been able to solve by looking into the specific XML files, I get this (or with TECH_SEAFARING replacing CIVIC_RELIGION)

----------------------------------------------------------
Assert Failed

File: CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 3764
Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message: info type CIVIC_RELIGION not found, Current XML file is: (None)

----------------------------------------------------------

which without a parent XML file, doesn't really point me to a place in the code where I can debug it readily. The line 3764 in CvGlobals.cpp seems to be the loader so it makes me wonder if I'm just missing it somewhere in the XML? But I've searched for both and there seem to be no references to either anywhere in the mod folder, whether in XML, python, or the .dll files themselves. I also checked to see if it was a caching issue but the mod is now loading the XML every time and I still get the error. Any idea what could be causing this?

Edit: It would seem my ability to Ctrl-F is worse than I thought, turns out I was missing a few references in the python.

Last edited:
Balance and making the overall experience somewhere in between Civ 4: BtS and base FFH2. Probably one of the very few mods to remove content (or bloat, depending on your perspective) from FFH2. And thank you, it's been nice to see actual comments in the code. :lol:

Top Bottom