Questions from a newbie

Elven workers or slaves (ones with the "elven" racial promotion) can build improvements on top of forests. Simply have them build there and it will not chop down the forest, giving both the improvement bonus and the forest bonus, as far as I know.

hmmm, so i got my priest, but it can only be used to grow new forest wich is great, but what is the best way to improve the forests? is there anything else than lumbermills?
3 food and 2 hammers for an ancient forest is very good, dont get me wrong, i was just wondering if there is a way to improve the forests even more.
greetings

With an elven worker you can build anything in a forested tile that another civ could build on that tile but which would need to cut the forest down. So you get the forest and the improvement making the tile much better. For instance on hill tiles you can build a mine or a windmill when you have the appropriate techs. And with the Priest of Leaves it also works the other way, you can create a new forest on top of an existing mine or windmill. So either way you end up with a mine that will eventually have an ancient forest on it and that will give +1 food and +1 hammer and +0.5 health and with the GoN civic +1 happiness. That applies to other improvements and it's the combination of cottage plus ancient forest that makes the elf economy into a late game powerhouse, with very large cities giving loads of food, hammers and commerce.

Strangely once a forest has become an ancient forest you can no longer build a lumbermill in it but you can build them on an ordinary forest and also a tile with a lumbermill can become an ancient forest. So if the forest is already ancient you can build a farm or a cottage but not a lumbermill. In areas of ice, tundra and desert you can use adepts, mage or druids to improve the basic land and turn the tiles into plains or grassland.

Have fun ;)

Elven workers or slaves (ones with the "elven" racial promotion) can build improvements on top of forests. Simply have them build there and it will not chop down the forest, giving both the improvement bonus and the forest bonus, as far as I know.

That was changed a long time ago, you need to be an elven civ to keep forests and you can use any workers you want.

hey guys, tnx for the help, its very apreciated since FFH 2 has alot to discover and though iam not new to civ4 the mechanics in FFH are totally new :)
and thats what i really enjoy about it, but without help its hard to figure everything out
maybe il come up with a question again soon, but thats it for now, i hope i can use magic efficiently for the first time now

cheers and thank u

Top Bottom