Ratification of a DG2 Constitution

Do you Ratify the attached Constitution?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a complete noob to the demo game and I'm just a little curious about Article E.

- Do you think this will actually prevent people from playing the save multiple times to see what works?
- Is there some mechanism I'm not seeing that actually inhibits playing the save w/o authorization?
- No punishment is specified for violations. What would happen if you believed (or even knew) that someone had done some exploring of options?

In short it's mostly an honor system, any punishment would be decided by the public on a case by case basis.

But in short it's to emphasize that we really don't want any advantage we wouldn't have playing a normal game through. So no going ahead of the current point to see what happens. No getting data about other civs we don't normally have (ie. looking at them in world builder and such is bad).

We want to play through the game straight like a normal game, and want to see the surprises as they come.

If you want to play the demogame save on your own, you can... HOWEVER, that would preclude you from participating in the demogame, since you might have discovered information that we would not normally have access to and would potentially change the way we play.

A few times during previous demogames while viewing the save I did accidentally hit space and went to the next turn. I immediately reloaded the old save, and refused to comment on anything that might have popped up. I also refused to participate in any discussion where anything that might have happened would effect my stance on an issue. Though thankfully most of the time nothing major happened, just troop movements (which I tried my best to ignore, so I wouldn't remember them).

Things like the example above happening is not unheard of and not really punished. The point is don't intentionally do it, and if you do accidentally do it don't pay attention to anything if possible, and don't comment on anything which you weren't able to ignore, or vote on anything that could be effected by what you saw.

Top Bottom