Realistic tech paradigm?

Broseph Stalin

Chieftain
Hey guise, Stalin here. I am new here and wanted to ask if a realistic tech paradigm is possible on Deity level? Reason I am asking I always seem to be late with techs on that level, for example gunpowder in 1700's and by the 2015 I have equipment of somewhere between WW1-WW2. I know I know, I am noob and all and should research more but I tried and just...well it doesn't work...any help please guise?

btw glad to see this game is still getting attention.

Put more emphasis on trade. Every caravan gives as much science as it gives gold, so you can earn one advance per turn through deliveries. As if that wasn't enough, trade routes are created between the cities involved in those deliveries, causing more free gold/lux/beakers per turn for the rest of the game.

The science wonders are helpful as well. Colossus, Copernicus, Newton, and SETI help immensely. Of course, you'll need libraries and universities to go with them.

To some extent, you can trade technology with your rivals. This is easiest if you have Marco Polo, United Nations, or embassies with each.

Perhaps part of the problem is your cities. Obviously large cities produce more science, and having many cities gives more science than having few (assuming all cities are created equal, and I know they aren't). Concepts to review are WLTPD (we love the president day) and ICS (infinite city spam).

But really, the answer is trade more.

Thanks for the tip, I usually go for Marco Polo's embassy but I mean, even rivals on this difficulty are slow at research...However I am playing PSX version so it could be different although I doubt it. I meant that researching would be a bit faster or there would be more turns? At least compared to real world for realism sake...

Once you learn the game well, you can achieve not just the 88 regular techs but also all 255 future techs by 2015 at deity level.

To learn how read the forum and join the ongoing GOTM (Game Of The Month) and see how more experienced players play on the same settings as yours.

Thanks for the tip, I usually go for Marco Polo's embassy but I mean, even rivals on this difficulty are slow at research...However I am playing PSX version so it could be different although I doubt it. I meant that researching would be a bit faster or there would be more turns? At least compared to real world for realism sake...

Wow, PSX version. I can't imagine playing without a keypad and a mouse... :crazyeye:

Once you learn the game well, you can achieve not just the 88 regular techs but also all 255 future techs by 2015 at deity level.

To learn how read the forum and join the ongoing GOTM (Game Of The Month) and see how more experienced players play on the same settings as yours.

But the thing I am talking about, is that it's not about how fast I am reaching it but other civilizations reach it, so if they reach it without my interference plus minus 5 turns then it's good.

Wow, PSX version. I can't imagine playing without a keypad and a mouse... :crazyeye:

I have it on PSP which is good to take with you. But honestly, I like Civ 2 much more than 4 and/or it's addons. There is just this...appeal I guess.. I played Civ 4 first and didn't like it. Civ 2 though got a special place in my heart though ^^

Top Bottom