Refining Chain of Command

Should elected/appointed officials be included in the Chain of Command?

• Department Leaders and Deputies only.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Elected officials such as Governors and Councilmen at large should also be included.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • All officials whether elected or appointed should be included.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I do not support this proposed change to the Constitution at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaitan

der Besucher
The simplest version of the proposed changes to the COC gained the most popular support. Several issues were raised in the poll thread regarding the next step in the COC. The basic ideas were:

This is a complete COC. End it here.
Allow governors/other elected officials to "grab bag" at the end of the COC.
Allow all officials elected or appointed to "grab bag" at the end of the COC.

There was a decent amount of support voiced for each of these options so I'm holding this poll to see where the plurality of support lies.

This is the proposal that "won" the first poll:

Proposed replacement COC. This includes the missing departments and adds the deputies. COC is all department heads, then deputies.

Point 1: In the event of absence or death of one or more cabinet members, this Chain of Command will dictate who should take over.
Point 2: COC
President
Vice President
Domestic Leader
Military Leader
Foreign Minister
Science Leader
Cultural Leader
Trade Leader
Domestic Deputy
Military Deputy
Foreign Deputy
Science Deputy
Cultural Deputy
Trade Deputy

I voted for #3 - All Officials. If it gets to the point where the lights are on, but no one's home and the COC gets to the outer fringe of the officials, clearly something needs to be done other than changing the COC. The game should move forward whenever possible, and as Skilord proved, even first-timers can excel. Besides, if the COC works it way through to the outer levels, I feel this would be good training for the individual, should they consider a future Cabinet post

Originally posted by Cyc
I voted for #3 - All Officials. If it gets to the point where the lights are on, but no one's home and the COC gets to the outer fringe of the officials, clearly something needs to be done other than changing the COC. The game should move forward whenever possible, and as Skilord proved, even first-timers can excel. Besides, if the COC works it way through to the outer levels, I feel this would be good training for the individual, should they consider a future Cabinet post
Good points. There's also the argument that if none of the officials shows up, the people who do show up still deserve to play.

Top Bottom