[reproducible] Founding a religion doesn't convert enough citizens

MyOtherName

Emperor
In the attached save, there is not yet any religion on my continent. I buy the prophet, found a religion, and I don't get enough converted citizens to convert the city. I played out another 50 turns, but nobody else ever converts.

Speculation on reason: the holy site is three tiles away from the city. Maybe that weakens the founding effect enough so that it doesn't convert the city. I have not tried to do this in another game to confirm or deny.

Steps to replicate:

• Load the turn 65 save.
  • Buy the great prophet
  • Found the religion in the capitol's holy site.
  • Observe that only one of three citizens converted

I've attached the save for the next turn as well.

The saves are for version 1.0.0.26(221715) with the Aztec DLC.

Attachments

• Bugged religion - turn 65.Civ6Save
    698.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Bugged religion - turn 66.Civ6Save
    698.3 KB · Views: 66
Dealing with something similar now.. was the second race to found a religion, currently have 7200 faith banked on turn 567.. and my capital STILL hasnt converted <grin> I'm assuming at this point it wont, but I am able to spend faith to buy units, so not a total loss.

I had that happen in my first game. I founded a religion using a prophet...but not one citizen ever converted...by the end of the game no one citizen worshipped my God. what was worse is that I couldn't even create missionaries and spread it because no one acknoweldge my religion other religions yes, but not mine. So i destroyed every nation in a fit of rage.

I'm playing a game as Norway. I just started a religion and didn't get a holy city, which means I can't purchase anything - because no city has my religion. I actually have run this twice now - first time I played a few turns after to see if I got the religion later, but when I went to an autosave and tried again, and still, my religion doesn't make my city a holy city.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug, or is there something happening I don't know about?

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Report thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked out, I built the Mahabodi Temple and spread my religion to myself... but still. Weird.

It worked out, I built the Mahabodi Temple and spread my religion to myself... but still. Weird.
I had a game where I was the third on my continent to found a religion, so I was far behind the "conversion run". Even though I ask both leaders to not convert my cities, they kept doing and they even converted my capital before I could have enough faith to buy apostles to convert my own citizens. As you can imagine, it seemed that I've lost my religion forever.
Many centuries later (in the game, of course) I could plant a forest near my religious site in my capital and then I built Mahabodi Temple. I've earned two apostles and then I could convert my own capital back. As I had a HUGE amount of faith (as I wasn't using because I didn't have my religion anymore), I could create tons of apostles and then convert several cities, even those hateful leaders :D.
Conclusion: you can recover your religion with Mahabodi Temple several turns later, don't worry about your religion. Build some more religion sites to help "stocking" faith.

This should have been fixed in the Fall patch. Please post here if anyone is still getting this problem.

Top Bottom