1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Request for step by step modding instructions

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by freddingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. freddingles

freddingles Chieftain

After reading the 150 manual, using notepad to modify my orion.cfg, replacing orion.cfg with ice-m.cfg renamed orion.cfg, and creating dozens of useless dosbox shortcuts, I am absolutely stymied.

Can someone either please offer me an 'idiot's guide', or an already modded dosbox shortcut?

I am so stressed out about this, and being unable to figure this out in over 48 hours.

I apologize in advance, no thread on this forum, gog foru, sperium, or the moo2 facebook page was able to make me understand :cry:

2. Rocco.40

Rocco.40 Chieftain

.. so you are trying to get ice-m to run? ..

in case my assumption was correct, here is the relevant vid;
    installing the ice mod

3. freddingles

freddingles Chieftain

Thank you for your prompt reply and wonderful resources.

I was... depressed I could not get ICE to run. It's running in the background, now.

Best regards, Rocco!