RFC BtS Atlas

Thonnas

Warlord
I've prepared the graphics files for an updated version of the atlas, but rather than trudge through the code on the existing one in an attempt to adapt it for my files, I figured I would simply hand them off to community and someone more adept at coding than I can whip up a nice shiny new interface for them.

These are as of version 1.05, so I'll have to check the update for any changes and should probably have any updates done before the weekend is up.

If no one would like to tackle the coding I could probably hack that together by then as well, but it will need a host.

Until then, here are the files:-removed-

Update: I was able to tweak Zetetic's original code from the warlords version so that everything seems to work right. If anyone would like to host it, please feel free to do so, otherwise everyone will just have to download it and run it locally. Everything should be accurate for 1.07.

I hadn't really noticed until I started working with web page just how mucky the base image was. It really didn't look so bad in photoshop. Anyway, I will try and clean it up for the next version.

That's it. Enjoy.

UPDATED! May 16, 2008

Latest version provided by sedna17
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6727304&postcount=54

online versions:
http://civ4.technologyresourcesgroup.com
(thanks to Dragonious of House Paladin)
http://meat.arvixe.com/~joeyroe/rfc_atlas/
(thanks to Umarth)

Huzzah! It works brilliantly! Thanks a lot!

P.S. I dunno why exactly this doesn't seem to work in IE by if anyone is working on or would like to work on a version that does I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would appreciate it.
one thing that surely doesn't work in IE are things like opacity:0.85;
In IE you have to use filter:alpha(opacity=85);
So where ever you get opacity, change with
Code:
filter:alpha(opacity=xx);opacity:.xx;
where "xx" is the value.
It's sad but IE doesn't follow W3C standards.
I may have a look at other details that can be improved.

Works fine with firefox though, at least so far.

The BtS version here at least works absolutely fine in IE7 too. I'll see what I can to make it more compatible and then upload later on today.

I can tell you for the Arabian one, you only need to conquer Spain, not the portugese area. At least I only took Cadiz, Madrid and Barcalona and got the UHV.

Okay, I've put together a version that's compatible with Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0 as well as Firefox, Opera and IE7.

Online version
Zipped: http://www.joeyroe.co.uk/rfc_atlas/rfc_atlas.zip

Changes:
* Removed some redundant CSS which was making the map appear above the UI
* Added a position:fixed; fix for the UI (it's a little jerky)
* Added support for opacity in IE
* Added a fix to support png opacity (for the overlays) in IE5.5+
* Some other minor fixes

Unfortunately that means it's no longer valid CSS, if it was previously.

I didn't do the coding, and don't exactly understand a fair amount of it, so I can't/wont try to do anything about compatibility. I was just able to decode enough to get it working (in firefox).

Be sure to read the "Notes." I explained what I understand of the "control" condition from examining the python files, as well as the distinction between "by" and "in."

Btw, I wasn't able to test whether the "local" feature worked in IE simply because I haven't a clue what it's for :S

Are you going to add Japan and what they need to hold as well?

thank you very much, absolutely brilliant!

I would like to have it uploaded on the wiki directly, so that it won't depend on any of you...

2 minor flaws:
Ethiopian spawn area is wrong; and the zip of the latest version is broken

P.S. I dunno why exactly this doesn't seem to work in IE by if anyone is working on or would like to work on a version that does I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would appreciate it.

It works perfectly in IE7, as long as you let it run ActiveX commands of course...

Are you going to add Japan and what they need to hold as well?

no, its not exactly a territorial thing. It's about keeping all other culture out of the main island. If you loose a city you're screwed anyways under the other condition and if you have an foreign culture close to the island you're probably screwed too.

what exactly is wrong about Ethiopia spawn? I thought it was odd, but I double (and triple, and just now quadruple) checked the numbers:
starting location: (72, 29)
core area: (69, 27) (70, 30)

Thonnas I should be able to host this if you have no objections and its in a format that will allow me to upload it and allow access.

Edit1: So I done a test to see if I could upload it. Im not too sure what im doing when it comes to this sort of thing but anyway. I uploaded the files and all of it works EXCEPT the base.jpeg. I dunno why probably something I have done wrong but im not sure. Anyway all the UHV etc show when you click them you just dont see the base.jpeg map for some reason? Any ideas why?

Edit2: Never mind I fixed it. Sooo I can publish this if you dont have any objections and edit the Wiki to the new link?

Edit3: I'll take it back not all the UHV areas are showing up when clicked.

Edit4: Sorted it.

Err, I did already upload it myself. I'm not bothered if you want to link your server in the wiki but did you use the ie-fixed version?

I haven't tried it with Explorer TBH and wasn't intending too.

I also meant a link like the current one in the Wiki, both of yours above end in .zip which suggests to me they are downloadable Zips of it rather than just clicking on a link and having it work. 'sides when I click on your links above i get

"Page not found
The page you requested, /rfc_atlas/rfc_atlas_bts_iesupport.zip could not be found. This could be because:

1. You mistyped the URL in the address bar. Check the name and try again.
2. You followed an out of date link.
3. There is a broken link on our website. If you think this is the case, please email the webmaster
"

Eitherway im not trying to steal your thunder just wanted to link it into the wiki and have it always there without the need to d/l and unzip anything.

Top Bottom