RFC BtS Atlas

Many apologies. I got quite busy with life and other games and really haven't even been playing Civ4. Perused this forum a few days ago and notice the thread was on the first page. Didn't have a chance to update everything until today, but it is done. I will try to check in every now and then if I don't start playing, so i can keep things updated.

Updated on my host, and updated the first post w/ a link to sidna17's latest version and both web versions.

Thanks for the updated map, the game is somewhat unplayable without one.

One note, the Ethiopia spawn year is listed as 3000BC which is incorrect. I checked it on the URL attributed to Umarth, I have not checked the others.

I've just killed all the American starting troops. Does that mean it's safe to found cities beyond the area of the original 13 colonies? I.e. would the Americans respawn with a capital in New Orleans even though it's beyond their spawn area?

On a similar note, if Constantinople is a major capital for the Romans, why does it flip to the Turks when the latter respawns?

Can we make it so that if another palace (not the capital) is built in a city, you make it much less likely to have a civ respawn there? (e.g. I have summer palace SW of former Paris and Forbidden Palace somewhere in Russia)?

Thanks deanej. (I never used those files before) I have to grow my economy without a risk of flipping more than a city (if it's just one city I can easily reconquer it). So going by that, "safe" areas for expansion will be:
1. Corner SW of New Orleans (which is outside both the American and Aztec zones) and Florida
2. Canada
3. Between Carthage and Egypt's spawn area (2 tiles north of the oil)
4. Ireland (too bad I razed a city there)
5. Iceland
6. Africa other than Ethiopia and Mali
7. South America other than the Incan spawn zone
8. Australia

Or maybe finally a city on Corsica/Sardinia (have 2 fishes and a sheep to work with? :lol:

Here's the updated version of the atlas, with German and Russian rise areas fixed and spawn locations included for Persia, Japan, and the Mayans. Because the wiki doesn't allow easy updating/deleting of files I'll just post it here in the forums and provide a link to here from the wiki.

In addition, the zip files contains a directory called bonus_files, which are map overlays of the civ "normal areas" which I needed to figure out for victory conditions anyway and Continents.png which is a sketch out of the continents as provided by Rhye in this thread a little back. This later was mostly for my own curiosity, as I'm playing Russia right now and was perplexed by the Europe/Asia boundary. The normal areas are used (I guess) for some stability calculations and for resurrection/rebirth of civs.

I'm not including these files in the normal interface right now, but they are there for the curious to download. You can overlay them using the "Local Files" box by specifying the full path to the file on your local machine and clicking the check box. I don't guarantee the accuracy of these bonus files, since I didn't double-check them (and look how many mistakes I made on the files I did double-check!).

Doesn't seem to work for me but by the outline of the one pic for Europe it appears Siberia is counted as part of Europe. Thanks for help!

Top Bottom