• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rising Tide: AI won't make deals

StZiza

Chieftain
I don't know if this has been a before, however, At some point in my game in Rising Tide (on a standard map with 6 players) I can't seem to make any new agreements. I still can't get my head around the new diplomacy system so was wondering if this was something I don't understand:

I am cooperating with 4 of the 5 leaders in the game. However, all 5 of them doesn't want to make any deals with me. Their respect towards me are all 9/9. They just say generally say "we're simply not making deals with you". I couldn't find any info on the web. Why it happens?

Do you perhaps have a screenshot when that happens? You're not maxed out on agreements?

I think the really strong agreements are weighed to make it less likely for the AI to give them to you. When I asked for an agreement that costs 250 capital, the AI would refuse but when I asked for a cheap agreement, they would usually accept.

Just keep trying. It seems to be a random roll each turn. Eventually they are likely to accept in my experience.

You can only have 5 active agreements at the same time. From my xp, it's worth to check if agreements which were made in the past are still useful or if something else would be better. If so, cancel and propose something new.

So, OK if there are max agreements I can have with other factions, that might be it.

I have just seen it now. That must be it. Thanks.

I've seen quite a bit of this, even when I'm behind the AI player in question in terms of victory points. I can be in a cooperative state with them and they repeatedly say "I'm not dealing with you" or similar phrases, even with respect maxxed out. And no, I do not have 5 agreements already.

Just keep trying. It seems to be a random roll each turn. Eventually they are likely to accept in my experience.

THIS

A leader refused.
PEEVED. I needed that agreement to boost my health rating

Next try two turns later, nothing changed; she accepted the agreement.

The AI's interests change throughout the game, also. That's why the advisor encourages you to change your personality traits sometimes. Doing so gives the opponents different potential agreements.

Top Bottom