1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RoM 2.9 automatic map conversion

Discussion in 'RoM Scenarios and Maps' started by zappara, Mar 5, 2010.

1. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Rise of Mankind 2.9 will feature new python code that allows anyone to automatically convert map files to RoM - all you need to is to drop the map file to 'Rise of Mankind\Privatemaps' folder and start the mod. When you choose the map file in-game the mod automatically converts it RoM's maximum player amount. This means that many maps made at CFC can be added quite easily to RoM :)

There's one requirement what kind of maps work directly with this method:

Any map file made for Civ 4, Warlords or BtS that hasn't any preset civs (preset civs are bad because of wrong starting techs and civics for RoM).

Another point is that resources should be set to randomized (by editing the file in Notepad) or the map won't have RoM's new resources.

2. soup567

soup567 MANBEARPIG

that sounds like a great feature. now if only there was an automatic scenario converter...

3. Jabarto

Jabarto Chieftain

Looks like my services will no longer be needed here. ;) Just as well, I have maps of my own to maintain.

Neat feature, by the way.

4. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Well, since the basic map conversion is now automatic, you'll have more time on making good scenarios. ;)

5. Lord Haldane

Lord Haldane Chieftain

A thumping good new feature, but will you be releasing a 2.9 version of the GEM map? The sort of ultra-realistic historical games played on that map would be damaged quite a bit by random resource placement.

6. Jabarto

Jabarto Chieftain

Has anyone mucked with this yet? How well does it work?

I can make one, if you like. I'll probably have to make one for my updated 1000AD scenario that I may finish at some point.

7. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Please a 2.9 Version of GEM? BTW it needs gems in Afghanistan (Lapis Lazuli) and India (does the Hope Diamond ring a bell?)

8. Jabarto

Jabarto Chieftain

I haven't forgotten about this, just so you know. I've been working on it and should have it up tonight or tomorrow.

9. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

:hug:
    remember those Gems