Saving options?

Kin

Chieftain
Is there a way to save the options I have selected? Mainly fast battle and AI dialogue disabled.

When you exit the option screen, the settings should be saved. Where are you setting the options, from the initial screen or once you are in a game? I don't think it makes a difference, but it might.

I have tried it both, in game and before with no saves.
Thanks for your response.

Maybe the options files are "read-only" or your user account lacks the permission to modify them for some reason? You could try editing the file access settings (right click file (or a folder to apply settings to all files inside), select properties, uncheck read-only or change permissions via security tab) or just modify the file contents manually with e.g. notepad. The files you are looking for are GraphicsOptions.txt and UserOptions.txt, default (Windows) location C:\Users\Your username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI

To turn leader animations off manually, find the following section in the former file and edit it

[Leaders]
;Overall leader rendering quality
Quality 0

and to turn quick combat on edit

QuickCombat 1

in the latter.

Maybe the options files are "read-only" or your user account lacks the permission to modify them for some reason? You could try editing the file access settings (right click file (or a folder to apply settings to all files inside), select properties, uncheck read-only or change permissions via security tab) or just modify the file contents manually with e.g. notepad. The files you are looking for are GraphicsOptions.txt and UserOptions.txt, default (Windows) location C:\Users\Your username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI

To turn leader animations off manually, find the following section in the former file and edit it

[Leaders]
;Overall leader rendering quality
Quality 0

and to turn quick combat on edit

QuickCombat 1

in the latter.

I tried the permissions to "read-only" to off. That didn't work.
I then edited the files and that worked great.

A BIG THANK YOU.

Top Bottom