Scenario conditions & difficulty

tripedius

Chieftain
The problem I've been having is that I wanted to play with more civ's on a large earth map than the standard 10 civs and 20 CS. Ofc this is pretty easy as you just adjust the number of civs in the starting options. However this creates a small problem. City states seem to have problems with their starting location as it is not uncommon for them to start on top of each other, the AI or the player. If this happens you can attack the CS settler in the 1st turn, eliminating them from the game and gaining a worker. If you don't they'll drop their CS two steps away from your capital and most of the time there is another CS very close (Once I was surrounded by 3 CS and a fourth settler which had to move somewhere else). I don't know if this is a bug or intentional or the game just isn't able to deal with more than 10 civ's (on a large earth map).

To solve this I adjusted the large earth map by pre placing the civ's and CS. However I have some minor questions about the world builder that I have not been able to find the answer to.
1. When adding civ's to the scenario (player 1, 2 etc.) you have to adjust the handicap. Does it matter to which handicap I set the AI players? Left them on chieftain with the assumtion that I can adjust the difficulty in the general settings i.a.w. when I pick prince the AI will act on prince difficulty, not chieftain. So that the handicap of the ai players actually doesnt matter. Can anyone clarify this?
2. City states are spread across the map. Resources are set to random and not placed on the map on fore hand. This seems to result in some city states not having resources. However I do not want to predetermine everyones resources (also too much trouble getting that balanced). Can I give the CS resources and keep the rest random? Or will this result in the players having no resources or CS having too much (a lot of) resources?
3. When using the large earth template map is there any thing else I should adjust to get a regular game in which the only adjustment is that civs and cs have predetermined positions?

Thanks in advance. Think it is a real shame that you can't regenerate a map or go straight into world builder after having loaded a new game.

Top Bottom